a fresh start

--tw: mentions of blood? not a lot this chapter, just story building--

Hello and welcome to the first ever 2023 chapter of Sympathy

it's extremely unedited and raw and also kind of boring, but its necessary to the next chapters I'm gonna write so please read it! 

also

UGHHHH WHATEVER you know what? let's just forget about plot consistency and the Netflix episodes. we'll roughly follow those at the end when they have that epic battle, but nothing more. let's just keep going and writing and get these two masked goobers a proper love story with no complicated plot that i need to keep rewriting every chapter ok? no more funny business you guys, all serious stuff 💪

.

.

.

.

~" 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺 "~

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Butcher mask felt like crap.

It was the first thought that pushed through his pounding head when he came to, and the only thing he could really muster to think as he tried to get a grasp of himself.

Finally, after a few seconds of repeated blinking and finger wiggling, sensation returned to his body. And with it, horrible muscle pain.

'I feel like crap,' He groaned.

The last thing he remembered was tossing the mysterious chip in his pocket and then his phone going hype house level haywire, but everything past that was a blur.

Despite the way his muscles stung, he still reached over and palmed the box in his backpack. Miraculously, the bag had managed to stay completely unscathed despite how loosely wrapped it was around him and the mask was still safely tucked in it. A wave of relief washed over him, but it was short lived. Confusion and concern hung heavily on his mind now.

What happened in the 12 hours he was out? And what's more, what had the updated chip downloaded into his brain?

The longer he stayed conscious, the more the questions started weighed on his mind.

Whatever it was or whatever questions he had could wait until later, when Butcher mask was back at the doc's and Haruki's mask safely delivered.

He took a deep breath and pushed the thoughts aside.

His eyes, once adjusted to the bright mid-morning light, swiftly darted across the rooftop he was on. Everything looked about the same as he expected—standard horizon-reaching expanses of sterile looking building complexes and a blue sky overhead that always seemed to stay somewhere between sparsely cloudy or artificially clear.