reluctant

tw: mentions of suicide, gore, violence, and foul language.

bold: writing

'single quotation': thoughts

slanted/italics: memories.

underlined: underlined sentences are basically commands and thoughts of those who's thoughts are still completely controlled by the mask.

single quotation dialogue is basically belongs to a person who isn't a mask or has gained a bit of freedom from the command and can retain their own thoughts..

.

.

.

.

~" 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺 "~

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Previously

'Just for a little. I'll be back soon.'

The boy sniffled. "You pinky promise?"
Butcher mask stuck his pinky out. They shook.

"Let's pinky swear on it. When we get back home, we'll share all the memories and information we have." A girl with an apron said. She sounded foggy.

He stood and left. Hopefully, he'd run into the sniper. He had a few questions.

.

.

.

It was cool outside. Butcher mask was still in the process of familiarizing the feeling of loneliness. He sighed.

'Hey, cv.' He called out.

It didn't respond.

'...rude.' He crossed rope bridge after rope bridge. Though he didn't mind the height, it had become a tedious task to just get to from one place to the other.

'What?' A sarcastic voice responded. Butcher mask looked up at the still dark sky. It'd bake to golden yellow in the morning sun in an hour.

'The sky's pretty today.'

'Yeah.' An uncomfortable silence settled. Butcher mask wasn't used to not being surrounded by chaotic high schoolers with grenades.

His hand brushed against the pocket of his worn apron. Butcher mask remembered his bundle of papers.

'Some light reading wouldn't hurt.' He thought to himself.