liberated

tw: mentions of suicide, gore, violence, and foul language.

bold: writing

'single quotation': thoughts

slanted/italics: memories.

underlined: underlined sentences are basically commands and thoughts of those who's thoughts are still completely controlled by the mask.

single quotation dialogue basically belongs to a person who isn't a mask or has gained a bit of freedom from the command and can retain their own thoughts.

a/n: sorry in advance for any and all errors

.

.

.

.

~" 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺 "~

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

3rd pov:

"Let's part ways here." Baker mask yawned and wiped the blood on her hands on her apron. Ever since the whole incident that happened 10 minutes ago, Butcher mask seemed to stick to her like glue. Every corner turn, she would have to wait for him to go ahead and inspect the area, then wait for his whistle that told her she could follow. It was excessive.

The whistle system had been established when they had met a few weeks ago. Since Butcher mask couldn't call out to her with his voice, they found a different way for him to grab her attention. 

flashback

"So, we need to find a way for you to call to me incase of emergency. Something like a warning system. It's clear that you can't use your vocal cords for speaking at the moment, but that doesn't mean that you're completely mute. It's likely that you had a voice when you were human." She leaned back in her stuffed loveseat quizzically. 

An idea came to her as she sprung up suddenly. "Try whistling."

Butcher mask inhaled before attempting to whistle. His whistle came through and rang in his mask a bit. 

"Sweet! Alright, so we'll use that. Whistle whenever you need my immediate attention. We'll add to it as we go on, if needed. Right now, just practice a bit."

present time

"I assure you that I can fend for myself." Butcher mask sent her an unconvinced glare. Or that's what she thought it was. He was very hard to read, even more now with the mask. 

"That mask just caught me by surprise. I'm sure I could've ripped it to shreds." 

"..."

"..."