Another friend lost to mono

Women... right
But wait wait, women who skates and push each other aggressively!  *swoons*

I can't describe how much adrenaline is running in my veins seeing those deathly beauties fighting viciously and tactfully to win.
If I didn't know I'm gay before, this would've been my gay awakening!

Embry, Quil and I were smooched against the fence being pushed by the crowds but we didn't care. We screamed and bet on which team will win and screamed some more.

The competition was heated and the place looked sketchy but I didn't care, seems like attracting and not caring about danger runs in the family.

" Come on Buttercup! Give em hell!!" I yelled completely engulfed in adrenaline and the rush. I wished I could be there too pushing other girls and skating in circles trying to not be pushed by the other team and perform an awesome stunt where the girls use my body like a bowling ball to push the other team.

My eyes sparkled in astonishment but another voice sounded angrier, more and more growling. I turned to look at Embry and I swear I saw him heat up and getting red in the face and steam comes from his nose.

At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me since it's not that hot nor cold for air to come as steam and I elbowed Quil to look at where I'm looking. The smaller guy looked as confused as me.
I mean to be honest the team that's his betting on is losing but I know it's not the team.

The adrenaline and anger must've triggered his shifting a little earlier than anticipated.
" Q drag him with me" I put my hands around his torso firmly and I swear it felt like I'm hugging a hot pot.

I dragged him out with all of my power helped with Quil and we went out to the cold air where he looks even more agitated

" hey hey look at me what's going on " I took his face between my hands and made him look me in the eyes. His usual smiley and relaxed face contoured into a sneer and then he blinked like he's just looking at me.

" I-I don't know " he stuttered looking confused.
" okay just breath everything is okay " quill looked at him confused and worried " let's go to the car " I dragged the shaking up pre-wolf to the orange truck helped by quil and started it to drive with an unstable wolf for a few hours.

Great.

My overheated car screeched to a stop near Embry's house and we all got out.
By the time we drove back, Embry kept shaking like his skin was vibrating. I can't lie, I was so scared knowing what  their claws are capable of.

We kept exercising breathing with him assuring him that he just caught the flu but anything we say or do irritates him.

" Miss Call, I think Embry has caught the flu " Quil told his worrying mother while I struggled to get him to his room as he was now sweating buckets. I knew what this is but I still got so shaken up and scared for my happy go lucky friend.

He doesn't deserve this pain. It was like every bone in him aches and he kept moaning in pain. I didn't know what to do and I didn't realize I was crying till his mother spoke to me and wiped my tears away.

" I'll go get a doctor for him" I said shaking too, I opened the front door ready to sprint to the nearest doctor. Until I crashed against Jared who looked annoyed standing next to Sam. They weren't kidding about them being this tall muscular gods in the books. They looked at me with this disgusted and annoyed look " we'll take care of him, it's late, you should go " Sam said and not sparring me a look got inside with Jared.
I was left there looking like a statue, if I didn't know what's actually happening, I would've called the police and child services and my dad on them like what the fuck bro. Creepy.

But instead, I left. I just left my friend to his new pack and new life that he'll exclude me from. I went home and to my room to mourn him. Mourn our friendship.

I knew this will happen but it still hurts. I'm just grateful that I knew him I this life. We had fun together and we made each other laugh. We cared about each other.

I'm grateful I actually had friends in this reality and I know what's going on.

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY AWESOME READERS . I LOVE YOU ❤️