Chapter 11

It was time for prom and I tagged along. I hadn't talked to Jacob since the accident. I put on a red lace knee-length dress with my black converse. I was ready before Bella. She looked stunning, she was in this knee-length blue and her sneaker and cast. I didn't even want to remember how she got it. Edward was driving. When showed up at the dance  Edward went o go park and left Bella and me. She looked over toward the trees and tapped me. Of course, I told her what Jacob said and that I felt the same. " Hey, you guys look great." He said as he walked up to us. As soon as I looked up and saw him something in me changed. It was like my world shifted, nothing mattered except him like it was my job to protect him.I don't know what it was but I think it may be a wolf thing so I'll have to ask the pack about it. " So do you." I responded. He smiled and I felt my face get hot. Edward showed up and took Bella inside and I told them I would meet them there. " How are you?"Jake asked. " Tried, Bella has been having nightmares a lot lately. but I know why. How about you?" I asked. " I am great now that I have seen you."  I laughed at his joke. " Well, it is a dance." Jake said and held out his hand. We started dancing because we could music. After a few minutes of silence I spoke, " Did you really mean what you said on the  phone?" " Of course, but I never got an answer from you." I knew how I felt I just couldn't express it in words so I leaned in and kissed Jake. "How's that for an answer." "Perfect."