24.

after a while, luke left my room and i sat upstairs on my bed. i checked my job applications status and saw i was rejected from each of them.

i expected it because i wasn't an american citizen and a minor.

i slowly stood up and walked over to mom's room to see her packing all of her clothes in her suitcase.

"mom? what are you doing?" i asked softly.

"we're going back to australia in the next couple days. it was a mistake coming here." she muttered as she slammed her suitcase shut.

i stood there in complete shock before responding, "no, i want to stay here and get to know luke."

"what the fuck did you just say?" mom spit out as she turned around.

"i want to stay here and get to know luke. i missed out on having a father for so long and now that i have one i don't want to leave." i spoke softly.

"absolutely not! what bullshit has he put in your fucking brain! you will not stay here." mom yelled.

"you don't get to choose! i want to stay! i don't want to go back." i yelled back.

"indigo! that's not your fucking choice! i'm your mother! you know my fucking saying that mother always knows best! you cannot stay here young lady." mom spoke angrily as she walked closer to me.

"i'm not leaving!" i yelled back.

"for fucks sake! yes you are! i'm not letting you stay here!" mom yelled as she threw her arms up in the air.

"holler all you fucking want, i'm not leaving. you don't get to decide. i want to get to know them. luke and his friends. even sherlock." i spoke softly.

i thought she was going to smack me in the face, but instead she ran over and started to smash things around her.

i ducked for cover in a corner as the lamp came hurtling towards my head.

"what the fuck!" i yelled as i curled up into a ball.

i heard running footsteps and saw calum and michael standing by the door.

"what the hell do you think your doing?" calum spoke firmly as he saw me ducking in the corner and her about to throw a glass cup.

"get out!" mom yelled as she threw the cup at them.

i flinched back and saw calum duck, but michael who was standing behind him get hit and fall back.

"fuck fuck! is he okay?" i asked as i ran over to check on him.

"he's knocked out." calum spoke as he pulled his phone to check his eye movement.

i looked over at mom and saw her in shock with her hand over her mouth.

"i'll call 911." i whispered as i looked away from her.

she was out of control.

luke and ashton were out with the car because ashton had a 911 psych call at the hospital.

an ambulance came up quickly and picked up michael in a gurney. calum went along because he was a doctor and could help.

"how could you." i whispered to mom as she stared blankly at her hands.

"i- "hello, i'm officer mcCarthy. i'm going to need someone to tell me what happened." an officer spoke from behind us.

"i did it." mom whispered softly.

"i lost my temper." she spoke with a quiver to her voice.

"is this true?" officer mcCarthy asked as he stared at me for confirmation.

i nodded softly.

"well, ma'am, you're under arrest for assault. anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." the officer spoke as he began to recite  her rights.

"i'm sorry baby." mom whispered as tears filled her eyes.

"good." i whispered coldly as i sat down on the couch waiting for the boys to come home.

i felt bad seeing my mom hauled away, but at the same time, she deserved it.