32.

2 YEARS LATER

i was now a senior in high school about to graduate.

mom was happy with todd. when i arrived back in australia, they picked me up and he wasn't too bad.

he was funny, nice, and treated mom like a queen which is what she needed and deserved.

i kept in contact with luke and all of the boys.

calum and ashton began to date margaret and brandy and i couldn't be more happy for them.

crystal and michael got married! i flew back to the states to attend the wedding and i couldn't be more happy for them.

i was downstairs eating breakfast with mom and todd when an incoming facetime call came from sierra.

"hey!" i replied as i answered the phone with a smile.

all i saw was a huge diamond ring on her finger.

"oh my gosh! no way! congratulations!" i smiled as i jumped up and down.

"aw thank you babe!" sierra laughed as she hugged luke.

"i'm glad you kept your word." i smiled at him.

"now you have to keep yours and come be the maid of honor at our wedding." luke smiled as he kissed sierra.

"i'm on my way." i smiled as i hung up the phone.

"can i go?" i asked mom.

"of course!" she smiled as she pulled up the earliest plane flight.

i ran upstairs and began to pack a bag before mom came in.

"i squeezed you on a flight tonight. take a lot of pictures and call me." mom smiled.

"i agree. have fun princess." todd spoke as he gave me a hug.

mom and todd drove me to the airport and i went through the process before boarding the long flight that started this whole story.

i landed and saw sierra standing there.

i ran up and gave her a huge hug almost knocking her over.

"hello to you too." she smiled as she hugged me tightly.

"i'm so happy for you." i whispered as i hugged her back.

"we've got a lot of work to do." sierra smiled as she grabbed my hand.

i arrived home and saw all of the boys standing around with smiles on their faces.

"why did you make sierra come get me if you were all home." i spoke with disappointment.

"someone had to cook." ashton spoke in defense as i rolled my eyes.

i grabbed my suitcase and rolled it upstairs.

sierra and luke came behind me and stood in my room.

"crazy to think that you didn't even want to stay here at first." luke laughed as he held sierra close to him.

"oh my gosh! midnight! you kept him!" i smiled as i held him tightly.

"of course we did." sierra replied.

"we have the wedding mostly planned other than your dress. it's set for the next couple days." sierra smiled brightly.

"i'm so happy for you both." i whispered as i brought them in for a group hug.

"thank you baby." luke chuckled as he hugged me back.

"am i allowed to give a speech?" i asked.

"yes!" sierra smiled brightly.

"perfect!" i smiled back.

i spent the next couple days until the wedding trying on dresses and perfecting my maid of honor speech.

and finally, the day of the wedding arrived.

sierra crystal and i all left early to go meet the rest of the brides maids and stylists.

a couple hours later, all of us had our dresses, makeup, and hair complete and the ceremony had begun.

we all stood in the corner of sierra's box and waited for her to walk down the aisle.

as soon as she came out, luke bursted out in tears. it almost made me cry on the stop.

the vows went pretty smoothly and everyone was crying by the end of them.

"do you luke hemmings take sierra deaton to be your wife?" the officiant asked.

"i do." luke replied.

"do you sierra deaton take luke hemmings to be your husband?" he asked again.

"i do." sierra replied with a smile.

"by the power invested in me. i now pronounce you husband and wife. you may now kiss the bride." the officiant spoke.

seconds later luke took sierra off her feet and kissed her and the whole crowd erupted in applause.

after a couple hours of dancing and getting to know a bit of sierra's family i was asked to give my speech.

i grabbed the microphone on the bench and brought it to my mouth before speaking.

"hey for those of you who don't know me, i am luke's biological daughter. for starters, i couldn't be more happy to see luke and sierra together. they make the perfect couple. i didn't really know who luke was before i came here by chance. i didn't really want to know him and i am blessed to be able to now call him my dad. i never have before, but i love you dad and i'm happy you're happy with the true love of your life. sierra is a beautiful soul and i couldn't ask for a better person to be your soulmate. i wish you both happiness from this point on to forever. i hope you don't have to get older without one another." i concluded.

i looked over to see luke and sierra in tears.

"now, let's get this wedding started." i spoke to lighten the mood as music began to play.

i spent the rest of the night dancing and having fun with luke's family and friends.

as the wedding came to an end, i stepped outside to stare up at the night sky. luke came following behind me.

"your speech was beautiful." he whispered.

"i'm glad. i tried hard to make it short but sweet." i smiled.

"i'm happy i know you indigo. i'm happy i know my daughter. i hope that we can start this new life together. me, you, sierra." luke spoke as she smiled down at me.

"and midnight." i replied.

"oh of course. how could i forget midnight." luke spoke with an eye roll as he placed his arm over my shoulder.

sometimes two people aren't meant for one another, but in the end, it all worked out. i could now start a new life with my parents, who are now happy with their soulmates.

it's time for the next chapter of life to begin.