~𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐘𝐀~

The next day, Karan was sleeping lifelessly on his bed with wrinkles forming on his forehead. As he was not able to sleep as he was mentally disturbed, the doctors gave him sedatives as healing his physical wounds was necessary.

Batra sir, Ustadji, Faizi and Sanju came in his ward and their eyes started getting numb seeing him sleep with tensed expressions. Suddenly Karan started shouting and sweating in sleep. He was turning his head from left to right and moving his hands as if he's trying to grab something. The trio saw this and immediately rushed towards him. Faizi held Karan's left hand and tried to calm him down and Batra sir did so from the right. While Sanju was standing near his feet.

Dard Wo Kaafi Na Tha

Jo Dard Dene Aaye Ho
Saanse Hi Bachi Hai Mujhme
Kya Jaan Lene Aaye Ho

Faizi - Karan! Karan uthh! You're having a nightmare. Uth Karan!

Karan (in sleep) - Mat jao! Mujhe chhodkar mat jao Monami!

Batra sir - Shergill utho!

Karan didn't get up and was breathing heavily while sweating profusely as he was getting nightmare when Monami's life ended.

Karan - Monami! Mat jao, Rani Sahiba!

Qismat Ne Kyun Humko Mila Diya

Sanju picked up the jar of water from the side table and sprinkled some water on Karan's facing resulting in breaking of his nightmare. He woke up with heavy breaths and immediately hugged Faizi tightly. Karan too wanted to calm himself as he is being a commando, knew that it won't be good for his brain. After taking few deep breaths, Karan's breaths got even, and he too stabilized himself and sat straight on the bed. Batra sir, Faizi and Sanju noticed his red puffy eyes which indicated that he'd crying since the whole night. Batra sir took a deep breath and composed himself to talk to Karan.

Batra sir - Shergill, mujhe tumse kuchh kehna tha.

Karan - Ye..yes sir.

Batra sir looked at Ustadji and she went out and returned in just few minutes with a large box in her hand and kept it near Karan.

Karan - Isme kya hai?

Sanju - Si..sirji, vo isme..Monami ki cheezein hai. Jo blast si..te se mili hain.

Karan immediately looked towards and held it closed to his chest as if he's hugging Monami. His eyes were closed as he was trying to absorb everything.

Humko Rula Diya, Humko Roola Diya

Fir Se Aaj Yara Ye Dil Dukha Diya
Humko Rula Diya, Humko Roola Diya
Fir Se Aaj Yara Yeh Dil Dukha Diya

Faizi - Ek baar kholkar to dekhle ise.

Karan nodded weakly and Batra sir opened the box for him with trembling hands. Everyone's eyes got numb when they saw Monami's half-burnt cadet uniform. Karan picked it up and hugged it tightly as if he's hugging his Monami and feeling her essence in her clothes. His eyes started to shed tears when he realized that this uniform used to contain her mesmerizing fragrance and today it is smelling of dirt and fire.

Sanju picked up Monami's cadet ID card and rubbed her thumb on her name. She still remembers the day when she noticed her potential and spirit of being an excellent commando during the jungle treck. Faizi and Batra sir's heart was clenching seeing their friend cum brother and junior cum son being broken and shattered like this.