Is it really time?

~I meant to post this yesterday but then I got distracted by YouTube and suddenly it was 10 pm and I was a little sleepy guy, so I went to sleep😵‍💫 TW->brief mentions of potential/hypothetical death.

________________________________________________________________________________

Techno walks down the stairs, into the living room, where Toua is putting some finishing touches on Foolish's outfit; the older of the two looking extremely uncomfortable. Whether it be the fact that there were sharp needles very close to his skin, or the, very quickly approaching, royal ball; either way, the young man looked very uncomfortable and ridged where he stood.

"Ow!" Foolish yelps, jumping away from Toua, looking down at the sleeve of his fitted button up shirt, surely trying to see the place in which he'd been pricked.

Toua doesn't say anything, not even really reacting to Foolish's reaction, just grabbing the others arm and pulling him back towards her and going back to work on whatever she'd been doing.

Dream came down the stairs (came-), jumping from the third step just to be cool, almost slamming his face into Techno's back as he catches his footing.

Techno turns, steadying Dream by placing a hand on the other's shoulder. He gives the masked man a smile before turning away and heading over to the entryway.

He grabs his dark brown boots that he'd left there at some point after they'd gotten wet.

Dream had continued to the kitchen, presumably getting some water or something.

Techno sits down on the couch, feeling a tad bit guilty that Foolish was clearly avoiding looking at him. Only a little, though.

He ties up the laces, making sure they were secure, didn't want one falling off if he were to have to kick someone. (imagine a person named Scooter whose signature attack was a kick to the shins/ankle sticky outy bones, with steel toed boots. {I'm actually laughing at my own joke right now...})

Techno didn't usually get nervous before wars or fights, but this was different. It wasn't a sure thing. I mean... He was pretty damn sure his hunch was correct. But there was a chance that he was wrong, and he'd done all his planning for nothing.

He also usually let more than one other person know his plan. He wasn't used to doing 'secret' mission type things at formal events.

It would help if he knew the layout of the castle, or even where the actual thing would be taking place.

He had to make a very flexible and situational plan. Nothing concrete. Very sloppy. Highly unstable. A great risk of it all going to hell and none of it panning out how he'd planned.

At least he knew his partner here was calculated and good at fighting and being discrete. It helped that she was a cat hybrid as well, it made her naturally agile, and light footed.

But, there was more to be concerned about. He was regularly blamed for being the cause of mass destruction and, coming with the destruction, death.

Him knowing about this potential threat and still letting everyone gather in a confined space with the potential danger, did it mean he would be at fault if people died? Maybe. It was complicated... And complicated diplomatic situations weren't Techno's favorite.

He liked when there was a sure outcome, or at least a concrete vision to how things could go.

He's snapped out of his internal ramblings when Foolish gets pricked again, this time seeming to be harder than the other, seeing as Foolish had let out a high-pitched squeak instead of the halfhearted 'ow' from before.

Toua, once again, didn't really react, but this time she rolled her eyes as she pulled him back, finishing off a stich with a knot, placing the left-over needle and thread down on the coffee table.

Dream walks into the living room, a bottle of water with a straw in it in hand, finishing replacing his mask.

Techno stands from the couch, doing a little readjustment of his feet inside his boots, and sitting on the floor; Toua had agreed to help Techno with his hair.

"What do you want me to do to it?" Toua asks, picking up a brush as Foolish sits on the other couch, as far away from the others as he could be.

"Uhhh..." Techno ponders. "Dutch braid?"

"Okay." Toua says, standing behind Techno and starting to brush through his pink hair, Dream dropping to sit beside Techno as she does so.

The next few minutes are pretty much silent, Dream sipping his water, the straw reaching behind his mask easily, Foolish picking as his pants, Techno picking at the carpet and messing with Dream's free hand, and Toua braiding Techno's hair.

Dream seemed a bit sulky, not that Techno could blame him. Dream would be here alone, hiding out in one of the bathrooms, far away from any windows, while the others went to a potentially life-threatening royal ball.

Techno, again, felt a pang of guilt at the thought of leaving his love behind, even though he knew it was the logical thing to do. Leaving Dream tucked away in the house was the safest thing for Dream, and probably everyone else.

If Dark knew Dream was alive, he'd surely go even crazier, and become even more dangerous than he is currently.

"Alright." Toua says, finishing wrapping the hair tie around the end of the braid. (if you guys remember {ha} the doll's hair that I braided back in pt 1. That's how Techno's hair is styled here.)

"Alright." Techno says, patting Dream's knee and standing from the floor. "It's time."

Dream slowly stands up, wrapping his arms tightly around Techno, who hugs him back, holding him close.

"Be careful." Dream says into Techno's shoulder, also saying it towards Toua who stood behind Techno.

"We will be." Techno says. "You stay safe. Stay away from the windows." He adds, holding onto Dream like his life depended on it.

He really didn't want to let go of the other, wishing he didn't have to, but he does, stepping back, leaving his hands on Dream's elbows, staying close.

"I love you." Techno says quietly, so only Dream could hear, even though Toua would most likely be able to, given her cat like hearing.

"I love you, too. Kick some butt for me." Dream says, smiling under the mask.

At that, Dream pulls Toua into a hug, surely exchanging similar 'be safes' as Techno walks towards the front door where Foolish had migrated to.

The three of them leave the house, making their way towards the castle, as Dream closes and locks the door behind them.

________________________________________________________________________________

~ahhhhhh, it's almost royal ball time...... Also, this got way more angsty than I was planning (there wasn't much planning in the first place but still). Hope you enjoyed :)