So... we meet again:)

~sorry for the late in the day update, my sister is visiting (half sister on dads side) and I haven't seen her since Christmas 2019 :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Dream stirs, getting further tangled in the sheets he clings to, turning his knuckles white from the force. The possibility of him accidentally tearing holes in them are high as he thrashes, kicking at the bedding, beads of sweat running down his face, mixing with the tears that fell from his tightly closed eyes.

He gasps as he sits up, clutching his throat and chest, just trying to breathe again, coming back to reality.

He looks around the dark room, running is hand through his hair to further ground himself.

"Techno?" Dream asks into the still air. He hadn't seen any sign of the other since waking up.

Usually Techno was there whenever he'd wake up from nightmares. Not this time. This time was different. It was quiet. He couldn't even remember what dream he'd just had. It's almost like he was never even dreaming.

"Techno?" He calls again, trying to look through the cracked door to the hallway from where he still sat on the bed.

Still no response, no sound comes back.

He looks around the room again, trying ti see if he'd somehow missed the piglin hybrid in his frantic wake up. But no one was there.

No birds, no wind, no creaks, nothing. It was deafeningly silent in the house. That is, until, his voice echos back to him.

"Techno?"

Dream's head snaps in the direction of the door, the echo having come from there.

"Techno?" The echo sounds again, but this time it sounds almost mocking, like someone was impersonating him and making his, very real, fear sound fake.

"Hello?" Dream asks, not really expecting an answer, since the previous ones had sounded like echos.

"Hi." A voice says from outside the door. It sounds like him, but it's not him, he's sitting on the bed, not outside the door.

"Techno?" He knows it's not Techno, but he doesn't know what else to say.

"Do I sound like Techno?" The voice says, reaching around the door, grabbing it and pushing it open far enough to poke their head through the opening.

Dream stares in disbelief. It's him. But it's not him. There's something different about the other him that stand sun the doorway. He looks just like him, but not.

"Hi, Dreamy." The other Dream says, an inhuman smile spreading across his face.

Dream doesn't say anything, just watches as the not-Dream walks into the room, almost gliding as he walks to the end of the bed and sits down, not too far from real-Dream's feet.

"Why so scared?" Non-Dream asks, looking hurt and sad but in a greatly exaggerated way.

Dream had pulled his knees up to his chest without realizing, subconsciously getting as far away from this imposter (ha•_•) as possible.

The smile returns to non-Dream's face. "Sorry to hear you had a bad dream, Dreamy." He says, pouting mockingly. "You'd think a person with a name like yours would be able to control his dreams, and make the bad ones stop."

"What do you mean?" Real-Dream asks, catching himself off guard.

Non-Dream smirks before saying. "You know what I mean." Non-Dream then flops back on the bed dramatically, resting an arm over his eyes. "And not even a 'hello' to your best friend?"

"Best friend?" Dream asks, suddenly even more confused. Did he have a twin he didn't know about? It's possible with the whole memory loss thing, you never know-

"Hey, hey- focus, Dreamy. We've not got all day." Non-Dream says, snapping his fingers in front of real-Dream's face to bring him out of his thoughts. "You don't remember me?" He asks, that same sad look coming back to his face.

Dream shakes his head 'no', an apologetic look on his face.

"Am I really that forgettable? I'm you. I've always been you. You're me. I'm you. How didn't you pick up on that?" Non-Dream says.

"You're... me?" Real-Dream asks.

"Yes." Non-Dream says. "But I'm special. You see... I'm you, but better."

"How?" Real-Dream asks, narrowing his eyes at the other.

Non-Dream smiles that same, unnerving, too wide, smile. "Because I'm him."

"Him?"

"Yes. Him." Non-Dream confirms, a darkness spreading over his skin. "I'm Dark." He says, eyes flashing a bright green before going completely black.

Dream blinks a few times, scrambling to the top of the bed, putting distance between him and whatever this thing was.

When he looks back, non-Dream has completely changed. His once human form having turned into a huge, lanky, dark being that stood at the foot of the bed.

"Did you miss me, Dreamy?" The thing asks, tilting its head to the side. "Cause I've missed you."

"Who the fuck-" Dream starts to say but his mouth is shut when the being pinches it's fingers together.

"Ah-ah-ah... don't speak out of turn, Dreamy." The things says. "Maybe dying made you forget. So let me remind you."

The thing then starts crawling up the bed towards Dream. It's fingers bending against the mattress, somehow not braking while holding the thing as it came closer.

"I'm Dark." The thing says once it's face to face with Dream. "I'm you. You're me. We're the same, Dreamy. You used to be my home. I used to live inside you. But you never liked me. You always hated me, always wanted me gone. So you got rid of me. You let them take me. Now I'm free." Dark says, smiling, showing off his sharp teeth.

Dream's too scared to say anything. To confused to process the information.

"You were supposed to die, Dreamy. You were supposed to die for me. You were supposed to be gone. But you're here. Alive. Breathing. It shouldn't be possible." Dark says, holding Dream chin firmly between his long fingers.

"And now, since you tried to get rid of me. I'm going to return the favor. It's you're turn, Dreamy. I'm getting rid of you." Dark says, tightening his grip on Dream's face.
~^~

________________________________________________________________________________

~omg🙄 Dream's dreaming again. Sorry if y'all expected Dark to have actually found him. Sorry for the suspense but at least we know it was all a dream now. Because of the c!~^~ dream indicators😵‍💫 hope you enjoyed:)