not warriors.

word count: 1908
tw: angst

tap tap tap

i set my book down and walked up to my window, confused as to why someone would be tapping on it at 9 pm. when i opened the curtains and saw who was sitting outside, i sighed, letting him in. it was my boyfriend, awsten.

"what are you doing here? we're going to get in trouble." i scolded him, letting him inside. he plopped himself on my bed and sighed.

"i needed to see you. i can't stand only seeing you when we meet up behind our families backs. it tears me to shreds." he frowned. i nodded, frowning as well. he was completely right.

awsten and i were not allowed to be together. well, not that we weren't allowed per say. we were 18. but if we were to be together, our families would basically disown us.

it was kind of a romeo and juliet thing the two of us had going on. awsten's family hated mine and vice versa. it was something that went down generations and i was pretty sure there was nobody alive that actually remembered why our families despised each other. all we knew was our great grandfathers hated each other and so it caused our families to permanently hate each other as well.

well, except awsten and i.

awsten was sweet, caring, and funny. he was also extremely cute and always knew how to make me feel better when i was down. i knew that talking to him at school was already pushing it when we became friends but leave it to us to catch feelings for each other. now, we were graduated and the only way we could see each other was when we met up in secret. i hated it. he hated it.

"i know, baby. one day we'll tell them. just, not now." i told him, sitting by him and holding his hand.

"if not now then when? i can't keep doing this. we've been together for almost two years and i love you to death, y/n, but we can't keep hiding it from our families. they're gonna eventually catch us."

"it's just not right, right now. it's not safe."

there was a silence between the two of us, neither of us really knowing what to say. eventually, awsten sighed.

"maybe we shouldn't be together, y/n." awsten said. i looked up at him, panic filling me.

"what? no, don't you dare say that. why would you ever think that?" i replied.

"well, we have to think of something."

"let's run away." i blurted out. awsten looked at me as if he were trying to figure out if i was being serious or not.

"are you being serious?" he asked me. i stood up.

"let's do it. come on, aws. we're both 18, we're both legal adults. let's run away from our families and we can be together." i said. it took him only a few moments to decide.

"i'll go wherever you go. i'd do anything for you, y/n."

"gosh, i love you so much."

i leaned down and pulled my boyfriend into a kiss, moving our lips in sync. it was only then when my door opened. shocked, i pulled away from awsten and we both looked at my mother who seemed as shocked as the both of us.

"y/n l/n, what is this knight boy doing in your bedroom?!" my mother yelled at me.

"ma'am i-"

"no! i don't want to hear anything from you! your horrid little family. get out of my house!" my mother interrupted awsten. awsten looked at me. "now!"

awsten went out my window and i looked at my mother, horrified by her actions. she seemed just as horrified at mine.