bonfire.

word count: 1556
tw: some angst, fighting, language

"i'm excited to meet your brother. you said you guys were close, right?" awsten said, as we got ready for elliot's bonfire. i nodded.

"yeah, eli and i are close. i mean, we used to hate each other but during our teen years we got closer. helped each other sneak out and shit." i told him. he laughed.

"sneak out? man, i never knew you were a rebel as a teen, y/n." he said.

"yeah, we don't talk about it."

memories flashed back from when i dated elliot's best friend, aaron, through most of high school. elliot and i would sneak over to his house a bunch of times and sometimes he'd help me just sneak to his myself. elliot was pissed when i broke up with aaron but honestly aaron was an asshole. he just cared about himself and that wasn't who i needed to be with.

i then realized the chances of aaron being at elliot's bonfire were high.

"hey, there's something i should probably tell you." i said to awsten.

"what's up?" he replied.

"so, in high school i dated elliot's best friend, aaron, and i just wanted to say that he's probably gonna be at the party and he's an asshole and i don't want you to let him bother you. he still wants me and i know it's annoying, trust me, but i broke up with him for a reason and nothing is going to happen." i explained. awsten just shrugged and wrapped his arm around me.

"i'm not worried, baby. you're mine." he said, kissing my cheek. i smiled as i started to get my shoes on.

"i just wanted to tell you, that's all. i completely forgot that he might be there to be honest. i'm glad you're gonna be there so that elliot doesn't spend his time trying to get aaron and i back together. even though it's been over 5 years since i dumped him."

"wait, you don't think you're brothers gonna hate me because he thinks you and aaron should be together, do you?"

probably.

"no, babe, he'll love you." i assured awsten. he sighed in relief.

"okay, good. i haven't met any of your family before and i want to make a good impression." he said to me.

"i'm sure he's gonna love you. he likes music, you make music. just show him some of your bands music, i'm sure he'll like you just fine."

at least i hoped.

time skip

"turn in this driveway up here." i told awsten. he then turned into elliot's driveway and parked.

"he's got a nice house." awsten noted. i nodded.

"yeah, he makes a shit ton of money with his construction job. he builds houses with people and shit." i informed him.

"oh that's actually sick."

we both got out of the car and i took his hand and led him to elliot's backyard. we were a little late, mostly due to elliot not inviting us until last minute. but that was just his thing. our parents used to call him last minute louise.

"oh there's y/n and her boyfriend!" elliot ran to greet awsten and i. "hey, sis!"

"hey, eli! this is awsten. awsten, this is my brother elliot." i introduced the two.

"older brother. and smarter. and more attractive." elliot said, smugly. i rolled my eyes.

"chill out, you're only older by eleven months. we're basically irish twins."