truth or dare.

word count: 1840
tw: vague sensuality, language

a/n: i love high school AUs. anyways, you guys are 16 in this one.

"what if they don't like me?" i asked awsten as he parked his car. he shook his head.

"don't say that, they'll love you. my friends are just a little bit loud and obnoxious, so beware." he told me. i nodded and unbuckled my seat belt.

i was extremely nervous to meet awsten's friends. awsten and his friends went to a different school than me so i had never met any of them yet. but we had been dating for about a month so he decided he wanted me to meet them.

awsten had already met my friends the week before and everyone got along. i didn't know why i felt like it might be different when i met awsten's friends. it was probably just my constant anxiety and overthinking.

"you ready?" awsten asked me before he knocked. i nodded and he did so. the door was opened by a guy with medium length curly brown hair.

"awsten, what's up!" awsten and the guy bro-hugged. the guy then looked at me.

"you must be y/n, i'm otto! awsten's told us a shit ton about you, it's nice to meet you." the guy, who now had a name, greeted me. i smiled.

"it's nice to meet you too."  i replied.

"wanna let us in or are we just gonna stand here?" awsten asked his friend with a laugh.

otto moved and let us in the house. his house was nice but i noticed there was nobody around.

"everyone's already hanging out in my room. if you walk fast enough you can probably dodge my mom which you might wanna do because she could start a two hour conversation." otto told us. awsten took my hand and rushed us to a door that he opened and led to a stair case. confused, i followed him downstairs and i saw a few people hanging out.

"forgot to mention, my room is the basement." otto said when we made it downstairs. i nodded in acknowledgement.

"oh look, awsten and his girlfriend are here!" a girl with red hair announced. everyone's eyes darted to me and i felt my heart speed slightly. i hated having attention on me.

"hey guys, this is y/n!" awsten gestured to me. everyone smiled and waved at me and said hello which eased my nerves. "y/n, this is geoff, chloe, jawn, daphne, and zeph. and otto, but you already met him."

i said hello to everyone and then awsten pulled two beanbag chairs next to each other for us to sit on.

"otto, when the hell is the pizza gonna get here? i'm starving." geoff asked. chloe just shook her head.

"babe, we literally just ate before we got here. you're not wasting away." she told her boyfriend.

"well, i certainly am." jawn chimed in. then daphne rolled her eyes.

"we ate at taco bell with them, don't even start." she said. we all laughed and awsten took my hand in his and gave me a reassuring squeeze. but i was fine. i already liked everyone in the room.

"okay, well i haven't eaten since i ate the schools shitty salad that i'm pretty sure had rotten cheese in it so i beat all of you." zeph declared.

"are you guys seriously competing on who's the hungriest right now?" otto asked his friends. they all nodded and he just shook his head.

"the pizza should be here in like five minutes. they said it'd be a half hour and it's already been twenty-"

*ding dong*

"that's probably it." otto disappeared upstairs to grab the pizza.

"so y/n, you've been putting up with awsten here for a month. surprised he's hasn't scared you away yet." zeph joked. i just shrugged and smiled.