pretty f*ckin princess.

word count: 981
tw: language

i flipped lily's grilled cheese onto her plate and set down the spatula. just lunch and then she could finally be put down for naptime. then, i myself could sit down and rest.

i wandered out to the backyard and smiled at the sight in front of me. awsten and lily were playing princesses (lily's absolute favorite thing to do) and she even gotten awsten to wear a tiara like her. they hadn't yet noticed me, so i set down the grilled cheese on the patio table and took a picture of the two. once i sat my phone down, lily noticed me.

"hi mommy!" she greeted me. she ran to me and hugged my legs. "look, daddy and i are princesses!!"

"i can see that! you're both very pretty." i giggled. awsten walked up to us and pointed at the grilled cheese.

"ooh, is that for me?" he asked. i just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"no you silly goose, that's lily's lunch. if you want a grilled cheese you can make one yourself. you're a big boy." i told him.

"yeah, daddy, you're a big boy." lily agreed, running to her sandwich and taking a bite.

"alright, alright, no need to team up against me." my husband said, throwing his hands up in surrender. lily giggled as she continued to eat her grilled cheese. just then i felt my entire face heat up.

"i'll be right back." i said, quickly, before running to the bathroom to vomit. i thought it would be over quickly, but i ended up sitting there retching and losing every single thing i had eaten that day for an entire half hour. eventually awsten came in, concerned, holding a bottle of water.

"you okay? i just put lily down for her nap, she asked if you were okay but i just told her you weren't feeling good." awsten said. i nodded.

"yeah, it had to be something i ate." i replied, taking the water bottle. i rinsed my mouth and went to just brush my teeth in general.

"i was gonna go make myself a grilled cheese since it kinda sounds good right now. you want one? since you just rid yourself of everything you ate."

"yeah that sounds nice. thanks, babe."

"of course, my love."

awsten left the bathroom and i brushed my teeth. i gargled with mouthwash and then looked in the mirror. i fixed my hair and went out to the kitchen. as promised, awsten was making us grilled cheeses.

i grabbed my phone and pulled up the picture of awsten and lily as princesses. i giggled as i sent it to him.

"what's so funny?" awsten asked me.

"look at what i sent you." i replied.

awsten looked at the picture and just chuckled.

"oh hell yeah." he said, saving the picture. he then did a few more things on his phone.

"babe, don't burn the grilled cheese." i told him.

"i know, i know."

a few seconds after he sent his phone down and i looked at it. it showed that he had tweeted the picture of him and lily captioned "FUCK BEING A KNIGHT I'M A PRETTY FUCKIN PRINCESS NOW 👸". i just shook my head. even as a married dad he was chaotic as hell online. but that's what i loved about him. there was never a dull moment with awsten knight.

awsten slid me my grilled cheese and sat down next to me to eat his.

"so after we eat, how about we watch a movie? we haven't had much 'us'  time since lily's been refusing her naps. i'm surprised she even willingly went down for this one." awsten proposed. i smiled, as he was right about lily refusing her naps lately.

"yeah. yeah, that sounds nice." i agreed. we finished our sandwiches quickly, and did up our dishes just as quick. i washed, awsten dried and put them away.

i sat down on the couch while awsten put in our movie. it was a silent agreement that we'd be watching 50 first dates, as it was our favorite romcom to watch together. he pressed play and sat next to me on the couch, putting a blanket over us.

a little bit into the movie, awsten kissed my head. i looked up at him and then kissed his lips, which eventually led to us making out a bit.

"i love you so much, y/n." awsten said, pulling away. every single day, he showed me i chose the right man to marry and have children with.

"i love you too, aws." i told him, but i then decided something. "but there's something i have to tell you."

"what's wrong?" he asked, his eyebrows knit in confusion. i shook my head.

"nothings wrong, i just wasn't completely honest after i finished vomiting. i know exactly why i was sick." i stated. awsten looked at me, waiting. "i'm pregnant, awsten."

"wait really?" awsten's face lit up and a smile stretched across it. i nodded, smiling as well. "this is amazing, y/n!"

"i just found out the other day. we have a doctor's appointment scheduled for thursday. lily has a play date with rory while we're at the appointment, so it all just works out."

"y/n, i'm so happy. maybe this time we'll have a boy and we can play nerf guns instead of princesses."

"who knows, we might have another girl and you'll have to change your name from awsten knight to awsten princess."

"oh wouldn't that just be lovely."

the two of us giggled and i laid my head on his shoulder as i redirected my attention to the movie. awsten kissed my head again and i sighed happily.

"i love you, y/n."

"i love you too, awsten."

i ended up falling asleep cuddling the love of my life.