Chapter 7

Jaden went to the organizer and accompanied the guard who escorted Sereph's new slave outside. Everything went smoothly. Hopefully his appearance doesn't fall back on Sereph, hopefully no one has aroused suspicion. Jaden was worried about his friend. But first he had to make sure that Sereph's heart arrived safely to him.

Hope was confused and exhausted. The stress had taken a toll on his body. In addition, he had hardly slept. Now all this exhaustion made itself known. Without wanting to, his legs simply gave way and he fell forward.

Jaden watched in shock as the boy simply fell over. He caught him just before he hit the ground. "Hell, human. You can't just-" but he broke off. The boy was no longer conscious, he was asleep. What have you been through that you just fell asleep here?

"Should I take him?" the guard asked.

The incubus shook his head. "I'll take him right away." Then he pulled a bag out of his pocket and pressed it into the hand of the organizer, who ran a bit rushed to him. "The payment. I will now go with the goods," he said goodbye and called a portal.

The organizer looked into the bag and almost dropped it in shock. They would never have achieved this price.

Sereph waited impatiently in the room they had prepared for his heart in advance. Finally, the door opened and Jaden came in with his mate in his arms. In panic, Sereph jumped up when he saw that he was unconscious. But before he could say anything, Jaden said reassuringly, "He's fine. He's just exhausted and the stress was probably too much for him."

"You're right," he replied, and the tightness in his chest began to loosen. Carefully, his friend laid the boy on the bed. Then he turned around and left the two alone.

Sereph sat next to his heart and carefully covered him. Then he stroked his soft hair. He's just beautiful. My beautiful mate. Finally, I found you. He had slight shadows under his eyes and even in his sleep the corners of his mouth were cramped. Sereph sighed. He stripped down to his underwear and lay down under the blanket to his heart. But he hesitated to pull his heart into his arms. With his fingers he traced the soft contours of his face, memorizing every curve. The boy let out a soft gasp, which put a smile on Sereph's lips.

Suddenly, the human began to move. Instinctively, he had crawled closer to the demon and rested his head on his chest.

Surprised, Sereph kept quiet for the time being. Hope snuggled up to him and his breaths became slow and steady again.

The demon's heart began to speed up as he felt the warmth of his heart. Then a seductive fragrance entered his nose. Peach with a hint of almond. Does his soft skin taste like that? Damn, he had to pull himself together. His human had been through a lot, he was sure. He didn't want to scare him right away, but Sereph just couldn't bring himself to break away from him. For the first time in centuries, his inner demon was completely calm, thanks to the treasure on his chest, he knew that. Another sigh slipped through his lips.

Sereph felt a movement on his chest and suddenly opened his eyes. Then he noticed the blond hair in front of his face. For a moment he was confused, then he had caught himself. My heart is on my chest. He must have fallen asleep without realizing it. Hell, I haven't slept this well in decades. Unaware of it, Sereph's fingers had started playing with Hope's hair again.

Hope felt a pleasant warmth on his face and chest. It was warm and cozy. With a soft sigh, he enjoyed this warmth and snuggled up even more to the soft pillow, which didn't feel like a pillow. He squinted his eyes in confusion when he heard a loud steady throbbing. What is that? That sounds... like a heartbeat? Am I lying on top of someone? The memories of the previous day gripped him, which is why he suddenly opened his eyes and backed away. He began to tremble.