Chapter Eight "Revelations

Rarity, doing her best to multi-task, slowly moved the fabric underneath the sewing machine's needle while she gave affirmative nods in between Twilight's statements. Once the clothing was threaded together, Rarity used her magic and brought the cup on the table to her mouth, allowing the unicorn to take a sip of the cold content without needing to leave her spot. Twilight's rant behind her continued to grow in volume, forcing Rarity to turn away from her design and blankly stare at her friend.

"I do believe you are overreacting," she said at the sight of Twilight literally pacing a hole into her floor. "So Peter ran into some trouble yesterday. We should be grateful. If he hadn't, there's no telling what would have happened to poor Zecora."

Twilight stopped in her tracks and shot a glare at Rarity. "That's not what I'm angry about. I'm happy Peter saved Zecora, but I'm upset that he didn't consider the possibility that his powers could have failed. He rushed in blindly. That wasn't brave. That was stupid!"

"The heroic types are unusually daring, but this is hardly surprising. He fought a dragon without so much as a second thought, and may I add that dragons are far more intimidating than Hydras in terms of size and ferocity?"

"He was poisoned. What if it was just a normal pony instead of a trained herbalist? Peter wouldn't have been treated and could have-"

"Well, let us thank Celestia for placing circumstances in his favor. Surely he's used to the danger. After all, didn't you summon Peter here specifically to deal with a dangerous situation? It seems to me you're backpedaling, dear."

Twilight resolved herself to keep her words mature than responding with a childish 'no, I'm not' argument. Rarity's words were in fact true, which only added to her frustration. Peter was regarded as 'the greatest hero' in the book, but Twilight acted as if he was just another pony. Despite his heroic background, Twilight learned that was the very case. Perhaps it was childish, but Twilight only wanted to believe she was looking out for Peter as a friend.

Rarity, noticing the troubled look in Twilight's eyes, giggled softly. "Ah, so that's what it is. I think you're taking a liking to the young stallion."

"What? I... No, of course not! I mean..." Twilight stumbled for words, unsure whether or not Rarity's accusation was fairly accurate. "Of course he's my friend. I just..." She looked off to the side and flushed red. "...forget it. I'm going to go back home."

Nodding her head, Rarity shifted her attention back to her sewing. "If that's how you feel, I can not force your hoof." The unicorn shrugged her shoulders. "You're not very good at lying, dear. There's no shame in admitting you like Peter. The fellow is quite charming."

"I'm leaving, Rarity," Twilight exhaled as she neared the door, trying her best to tune out her friend's accusation. However, before she could progress any further, Peter's backpack fell next to her side, causing Twilight to turn her head back to Rarity. "What's that?"

The glow in Rarity's horn subsided. "I went ahead and patched Peter's costume back together. When you see him later, make sure to tell the oaf to be more careful next time. I shudder to think if this kind of fiasco were to happen daily."

Twilight's brow twitched involuntarily. "He was here already?"

"Yes, but you needn't worry, darling." The snow white unicorn's lips curled into a coy smile. "After that little stunt he pulled yesterday, I, too, felt he didn't need to do anything stressful and sent him away to the spa."

"What makes you so sure he'll go along with it?"

Whipping her mangled locks to the side, Rarity's smile remained intact. "Trust me, dear. He's in very capable hooves."