10. (not so) Good Morning

So....enjoy!

Something soft is pressing against my shoulder.

The room is warm and I wiggle my toes under the sheets, waking up from my deep sleep slowly. Then it presses again, softer, warm and my eyes flicker. Light is streaming through the thick curtains of the window, but it's not the window I've become used to seeing this week. It's in a different corner of the room, the curtains thicker and more permanent than those in the one I've grown accustomed to. Then it clicks, I didn't dream or make up last night: Charles. I'm in Charles's room.

"Good morning Fleur," he hums quietly, before lacing another kiss to my bare shoulder. His voice is low and a little gravelly with sleep in a way I've never heard before. It's delicious, just like everything with Charles seems to be. More so after last night. I just lean further into his touch letting my eyes flutter closed lazily again.

"Morning," I reply soft and quiet with my words, I don't want to leave this moment speaking louder feels like it would be forcing that. I'm sure the quiet is an opposite to how we were last night.

Charles and I couldn't keep our hands from eachother. Charles had taken me everywhere, on the wall, the bed, the soft sheepskin rug by his side of the bed. It was a wonder, but then again I suppose he did promise stamina - Charles also delivered on the skill and precision part of his promise too. It led to me calling his name as the world around me shook with pleasure at least four times.

"How are you feeling?" He asks softly, fingers grazing against my arm, dancing over the skin in a way that makes goosebumps rise there. I only smile softly at the question, still slowly blinking sleep away from my eyes. I didn't even take my makeup off last night, I'm sure there'll be mascara smudged under my eyes and stuck to my cheeks. Charles doesn't seem to care or notice if there is, he's just looking to me with a soft expression a small smile on his lips.

"I could use a coffee." I shift and an ache runs through me, it's through my whole body starting in my thighs and making itself a home in my head. Whilst champagne may have given me (and Charles) the necessary courage last night, I'm starting to slightly regret sipping on it so consistently. I need rehydrating. Now. Especially since I refuse to feel hungover on a plane, Amber and I'd flight is this evening. "Or three." I choke rubbing small circle on the mid point of my eyebrows in an attempt to relieve the pang in my head.

It doesn't quite work. Charles makes a sound of understanding before his lips come to softly graze my temple. The warm feel of his skin against mine does actually soothe the ache, even if it is temporary.

"I could know a place, if you wanted to get out?"

-

It didn't take me long to realise we were heading back to the same coffee shop Charles and I headed to on my first day here. I'm wearing the same shorts I had the first time we headed this way, but a different top. Actually, it's one of Charles's t-shirts that I've tucked into the material of my shorts when I became too tired of digging through my suitcase. He handed me the navy material without a second thought. 'It's not fair that you look better than me in my clothes' he complained when I walked out the door infront of him hand caressing my lower back. The pout on his face made me laugh at him until we were in the elevator down to the reception where he kissed me and had my head spinning once more.

We were only halfway on our walk here, hand in hand when I noticed we were following the route. Something about spending my final morning in Monaco in the place it started feels so full circle. It's good.

It also seems like a sign of an ending.

We're sat at the same table by the same man who was overly friendly with Charles back on Tuesday. He is just ecstatic that his star customer has returned, I find myself smiling widely when he sits us to our table. He doesn't even ask our orders, speaking in French to only Charles before bringing our drinks (and pastries) over in record time. I only giggle slightly to Charles once we're left alone. "Someone appreciates his new regular." I joke and Charles just shakes his head, cheeks going that faint shade of pink as he rolls his eyes.