7. Sleeping together

Tysm for 10k reads ❤️

"Lilly, will you get me water please?" The thick call of my name makes me pause in my place for a moment before I nod. I'll blame it on the sun, say it's all gone to my head. Not that the Monegasque is playing havoc with my mind. Charles pauses in his spot, looking at me with a small smile that has me nervously fumbling through the fridge at the back of the expensive boat in search for chilled water.

"Ragazzo innamorato." Carlos laughs teasing in Charles's direction, shooting the football they've been passing between them in his direction up and towards his face. Charles fights a smile of victory as he lets out an involuntary 'ha' of victory as he tosses up the ball into his hands. In a hilarious display he shoots Carlos the quickest middle finger I've ever seen before jogging over to me. I don't know what Carlos's words mean, but he keeps muttering them teasingly to Charles. Truthfully, I've been trying not to think about it too much. I have a feeling I wouldn't want to know.

"Stronzo!" Charles calls, accent thick. It earns a laugh from Carlos who adjusts his black framed sunglasses shaking his head.

"What does that mean?" I ask Charles, trying to keep the expression on my face neutral and my eyes on his face. I can't help the way they slip down to his bare chest. His shoulders are beginning to redden from the sun.

"Don't worry about it." He dismisses and with an easy smile, his eyes dancing with mischief infront of me. His hand skirts around my bare waist, pulling my half naked bikini-clad-body against his. "Are you okay?" Charles asks, his voice soft in my ear. I'm hyper aware of his skin against mine. It feels like it's burning into me and I'm so glad that my cheeks are already a little flushed from the sun's heat so he can't see the effect he has on me. Although, I'm pretty sure Charles already knows.

"Great!" The word feels tense from me despite it being true. "You?" I hum in questioning turning my head in his direction. My eyes flutter when I realise this position puts our lips just centimetres apart.

"Fine." Charles returns casually, but I get the feeling he's not quite done with speaking. When his mouth reopens I know I'm right. "I only wish I could kiss you." Charles whispers into my ear, his fingers running through the ends of my hair making me shiver lightly under his touch. Out of everything I thought he was going to say it wasn't that.

"Charles!" I urge, pushing his arm softly, I have to twist awkwardly in his arms to nudge him. It only makes his hold on my waist with his right hand tighten. My eyes flick to Carlos who looks disinterested in the conversation, not even caring about the proximity of Charles and I to eachother. Apparently unless it involves throwing unsuspecting victims into the sea he's not interested today. I've been tossed in the water by the Spaniard at least 3 times today. Now Carlos's eyes are focused solely on his phone as he smiles to himself, no doubt in contact with his girlfriend. It makes me think that I might be safe from any more attacks for now. Amber is dozing at the front of the boat. There's nobody to witness our hushed moment back here.

"I think I could, if I wanted to." Charles says, the words falling from his lips calmly as if he's commenting on the weather. Not that he's arrogantly stating that if he decided to make a move on me it would happen.

The worst part?

He most certainly could kiss me if he decided to. Even more unfortunate than that is I really want him to.

"I don't believe you don't want to." I tease, purposefully pushing my skin into Charles. I don't know where the sudden spurt of bravery has come from. It's probably the boldest move I've made on him in our whole time together.

"Great point." Charles muses and before I know it his lips are on mine for what feels like the hundredth time in the last twenty four hours. The kiss of brief, briefer than yesterday, but still makes butterflies flutter all around me. Charles let's his fingertips skim against my bare waist, the way he did the first time we kissed, his lips soft against mined before pulling away. It's over far quicker than I'd like.