10 - Bad news (?)

"Have you received any news, have you been told anything?" Seulgi asked as she grabbed Yeji by the shoulders. She needed to keep an eye on her so she wouldn't get the urge to do something crazy.

Chansung gave Hyunjoon a hug as the man was quite broken with his mother's situation, while Sohee was at Seulgi's side.

Meanwhile, Ryujin was a little bit away from everyone, trying not to look up, she felt uncomfortable because of everything that had happened, but on the other hand, she had the urge to go after her and ask her how she was, after all that time, but why did she want to do something like that?

"They haven't given us any news yet... We should wait for the doctor to come out and tell us" Sohee answered.

"I'm really sorry, brother, but I'm sure your mother is very strong and she'll come out of this.... You'll see" Hyunjoon nodded slowly.

"How is everything in the United States? Did you come back on a private jet?" Sohee turned to Seulgi.

"That's right..."

Meanwhile Yeji had her eyes down, her thoughts were elsewhere and even though she felt a little bad about what was going on with Shin Jiyu, she couldn't help but feel nervous with Ryujin being in the same place she was. Her mother had her hands clenched on her shoulders as if not to let her go anywhere, while she just wanted to get out of there.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hwang..." Ryujin greeted quietly, moving a little closer to them. Still her gaze was not directed at Yeji.

"Hello Ryujin... How are you?" Chansung gave her a slight smile which Ryujin appreciated, because she was already uncomfortable enough to keep bearing Seulgi's strong gaze on her.

"Why don't we go to the cafeteria and get something to eat? We've been here for about three hours already and it's almost midnight" Sohee said to Seulgi and Seulgi nodded. While Hyunjoon and Chansung would stay and wait for news.

"I want to stay here with dad..." Yeji said to Seulgi, and Seulgi watched Ryujin for a few seconds and then nodded.

A few seconds passed when the doctor came out of that room, attracting their gaze.

"Shin Jiyu's relatives" Immediately everyone rushed towards him.

"Please tell us that my mother is well..."

"Your mother asked me to talk to her son alone and she also asked Shin Ryujin and Hwang Yeji to come into her room" Hyunjoon and Chansung exchanged glances and then looked at their daughters who were behind them also looking puzzled by the situation.

"She asked-"

"Please Mr. Shin... Accompany me to my office and let the girls go to your mother's room as soon as possible..." Hyunjoon nodded and Ryujin was the first to walk in the direction of her grandmother's room.

Yeji approached her father and he took her by the shoulders.

"I could go in, after her, I-"

"Yeji, come in... We can't make her wait any longer, because of how delicate her health is, this might be the last time you talk to her" Yeji swallowed dryly at her father's words.

"But... Mom-"

"Don't worry your mom, I'll deal with her, now go..." Yeji got a little push from her dad and walked to the door of that room.

She took a deep breath and opened the door to find Ryujin at the side of the bed, holding her grandmother's hand and when she walked in, their gazes immediately connected. Yeji had to look away to endure the heat her body was feeling at that moment.