The One with the Moment I Knew

Kaessie

Chapter 23

The One with the Moment I Knew

"You should've been there.

Should've burst through the door with that;

'Baby-I'm-right-here' smile,

And it woulda felt like,

A million little shining stars had just alined.

And I would've been so... Happy..."

I sulked around the room, everything falling apart. I was dressed for the date, in a pink, sparkly dress, my hair in a messy-yet-neat bun. I waited around for a while. Liam wasn't talking to me. Layla was upset over Niall. Niall was pissed at Layla and Evi. Harry was upset with me and Taylor and Kamryn was just confused.

I sat and waited and waited for a while

It was later that day. Everyone was mad at each other. Everyone was mad at me. Especially Liam. And that's what probably hurt me the most. I dug my head in my hands and inhaled deeply. Maybe, if Harry had been here earlier, to stop me from kissing Liam, this wouldn't be happening. He should have been there. Should have barged in the room in one of those 'perfect timing' situations and interrupted. Maybe things wouldn't be so god damn complicated.

And maybe I'd be happy.

"Christmas lights glisten,

I've got my on the doorway, just waiting for you to walk in,

but the time is ticking..."

I checked the clock nervously. Harry told me he'd be here at seven. It was six fifty seven now. I don't know if was my paranoia, but I was really nervous about tonight.

Maybe because you're going with the wrong guy, Kaessie-

Stop it. Harry was the one you always wanted, remember?

That was before I realized that was just lies.

My heart was aching, and I rubbed my hands together nervously. We were going to a party tonight, for Madison Square Garden, but I wasn't in the mood to party. Kaesandra would be there. So many others would be there, laughing, have fun. Except me, miserable. Sitting in a big puddle of self regret and pity.

I sneaked a glance out the window. Every building was decorated with white Christmas lights that reflected off the wet, cold ground. The place was magical, with just a bit of snow. Every place inside and out was perfectly festive, and it seemed to light up the cold, dark nights.

But it didn't light up me, though.

I checked the clock again. Seven exactly. Harry should be here by now. We're in the same hotel complex... Did he not get my new room number, after Liam had kicked me out?

I flinched at the memory.

At the park, Liam. pulled the letter out.

Good. I knew curiosity would kill the cat.

I acted dumb, to make him more relaxed. To make him read it, like I wanted him to. Everything in that letter was everything I was too cowardly to say to his face.

We walked in silence to the corner, butterflies exploding in my stomach. Did he realize what that kiss did to me?

The kiss made me realize how I hid my feelings for Liam behind Harry. I did like Harry, but it was Liam I truly was falling for. Liam. And it always was the Wolverhampton boy.