The One with the Good Guy

(Check out the video to the side? It's "The Trouble with Girls." I found it fitting :) And I love Scotty McCreery!)

Liam

Chapter 8

The One with the Good Guy

The more time I spend with Kaessie, the more I mentally take note that she is absolutely and utterly perfect.

Right now she was just talking, her perfect teeth shining through her perfect smile. Her eyes glisten and light bounces off of her glossy, soft bronze hair. She throws her head back, erupting in a carefree laugh, hugging her sides, her perfectly-sculpted stomach. Once she recovers, a piece of her hair flops in front of her head. She stares at it, her amber eyes flecked with green going cross-eyed, as if hoping it would move back itself. She looked adorable when she did that, and incredibly innocent. Innocence was almost mutually everything about Kaessie—From her puppy dog eyes, to her slightly-rosy cheeks, to her porcelain skin, to her light pink lips... Her oh-so kissable lips... She bit her lip trying to force back her million-dollar smile but failed, but that's when he jumps in.

He as in my competition. As in the guy that tripping over her almost much as I was. As in the guy that gets every girl he wants and then some. The guy that could get Aphrodite had she been alive and real. The cheeky, flirty guy that woos every woman that passes him by, including this one.

He as in my best friend, Harry Styles.

He leans over from his spot on the couch and lightly caresses the strand to the side, giving his signature 'knee trembling' half-smile, his green eyes fixated on Kaessie more as if she was prey, and him the most deadly predator. Deadly because no one can resist the temptation. He ruffles his curls, which you knew by the longing look in her eyes she wished she could run her hand through, before flicking his head up again, his curls resuming their natural position as if he never tried to fix it before. You knew that the whole goal of the gesture was to try to turn Kaessie on. Which it did, to my utter and fateful dismay. Her and Harry evolve deep into conversation, Harry about to say something serious, you could tell by the look on his face, before she leaned over to his ear and whispered something, a smirk slowly spreading on his face like butter on bread, before they both erupted in laughter. Kaessie chiming her melodic, musical laugh...

The whole thought of it all sickens me.

I'm usually considered the 'good guy' of it all, right? The one that takes a girl out to a fancy restaurant with a few dozens of roses wearing a tux and tie and laughs as the waitresses try to flirt with me, before engaging in deep conversation and paying the hefty bill leaving a nice tip to spare before bringing the girl home an hour before her curfew to get on the dad's good side. I wouldn't hover or push the first kiss or the next date, and when I told her I'd call her at seven, I'd do so at six fifty five. I'm the parent's ideal guy for a date, the kind that comes and gets close to her mother and brother or sister and whatever potential relatives and talks business with her father and by the end of the night the parents are mutually mentally begging me to propose to their daughter whom I've been dating for just a bit over a half a month. I'd come to all of our dates early and never late and girls always appreciate that.

Then there's Harry who's mutually every dad's nightmare who romances swoon his daughter over the edge onto a bed and already three sheets to the end does the father come to and realize the monster his daughter is dating. I love Harry and everything, but his casual sex and promiscuous ways annoy me, and I guess I'm sort of jealous that I treat every girl with respect, and it's Harry that wins the game. The good guys always loose. Personal experience.

And here I am, watching Kaessie—the girl who I swear has me more hung over than Louis on a Saturday morning—fall straight into the death bed that Harry Styles laid out for her.