The One with the Dress Shop

Evelyn

Chapter 12

The One with the Dress Shop

"'Ello, Evelyn," Niall greeted, taking a seat across from me in McDonalds. The blonde Irish Boy's mere voice sent flying dinosaurs in my stomach. I grinned idiotically at him... He was so adorable!

"Hey, Nialler," I said. "Ready to go try on some dresses?" He shrugged.

"Well... Normally, I'm not big into wearing dresses, but I guess if you really want me to, I can get one. I think one that shows off my legs would be lovely." Punching him teasingly, We got up from my table and went to his car.

"I think blue would be your color," Going along with his joke, we slid into the car. "Would really compliment your eyes and hair."

"You think?"

"I do," I agree. Laughing at ourselves, he pulled the car out.

"So, are you excited?"

"I don't quite know," I confessed. "I mean... Part of me is, but the other is nervous I'll be disappointed."

"About..."

"Just about the even itself. I mean, TV and movies and books make it all look so glamorous... I guess I'm worried it won't live up to that expectation."

"Don't be," Niall reassured. "You'll have loads of fun."

"I hope so."

"So, how's this Ryni person that Kaessie is so excited about?"

"She's okay. I haven't really had a chance to talk to her yet. She seems nice enough, but I don't really know. I haven't really talked to her. I've been busy trying to catch up from that week I missed." Niall's eyes fell on me.

"Ryni, how old are you?"

"I turn nineteen in April."

"Hold old are the others?"

"Kaessie is the youngest seeing as she just turned eighteen. Layla turns nineteen next month, and Ryni is nineteen and turns twenty in October."

"Kinda odd how that works out, huh?"

"How what works out?"

"Ages. I mean... Kaessie is the most mature, yet she's the youngest."

"She is fairly mature. If she wasn't, I doubt Layla and I could stand her, truthfully," I confessed. "Although we act childish, we are actually fairly mature, thank you very much. But other than that, when people find out Kaessie is the age she is, they are fairly shocked. But no one can blame them, I mean... She looks a lot older than she is. She looks twenty, at the least, but in a good way."

"I get what you mean. I mean the first time I saw her I thought she was at least twenty and some girl Harry was going after." I snorted at that one.

"Not to mention Kaessie is really intimidating."

"How so?"

"She's so pretty, it isn't fair. But I don't think Layla and I are that bad... I don't think, at least."

"I'm sure she feels the same way about you," Niall reassures. "Pretty ones are always the most self-conscience." He winked at me. I tried to ignore the compliment to continue my pointless rant, but it made me loose track of my driving point of my argument!

"Well... I'm flattered, and I'm sure she does. Kaessie... Kaessie's looks are deceiving." I flinched at the memory of her new appearance. That day was rough. Kaessie was sobbing hysterics, and not because of what happened necessarily. But because of what it did to her. And not in a vain way. In a desperate plead or cry that anyone who truly cared about their appearance. "But anyway... Ryni's not much better. She looks like she just landed straight off the runway, even for a law student. But Kaessie has to try somewhat hard to make herself presentable."