The One where I Figure Stuff Out

Ryni

Chapter 18

The One Where I Figure Stuff Out

I had my notebook in my hand but I was far from studying it. I had a pencil in my hand but I was far from writing with it. I had a few piles of homework to do but I was far from doing it. I was pacing my dorm room at Imperial's impatiently, trying to piece everything together.

What was everything, one might ask? Everything is the complications between Kaessie's, Liam's, Harry's, Layla's, Evi's and my hormones. Why they can't all just seem to agree, or reciprocate with others. Why they all go haywire for others. It didn't make sense. Mostly because we didn't know who liked who and who had to change what to make it all work out.

Well, let's get this straight. Liam liked Kaessie. That was a given. Then Kaessie liked Harry. Also a given. In response to that, I don't really know who Harry likes, but I think part of him really likes our fair Kaess. On the other side of the spectrum. Layla like our little friend Harry, too. But our dear Nialler? He likes our dear Layla. And Evi likes Nialler. But I couldn't mentally visualize how all of this would play out. I couldn't figure it out. I grabbed my notebook and drew six names—Harry, Layla, Niall, Liam, Kaessie, Niall and Evi. I put little circles around each name and used a straight edge. I put a line connecting Liam's name to Kaessie's, with an arrow towards Kaessie's end. That meant that Liam liked Kaess. I did a line to Harry from Layla with an arrow at Harry's end. Then, the same with Niall and Layla, but the arrow at Layla's name. Then, lastly, one with Evi and Niall, with the arrow towards Niall. I didn't really know what to do for Kaessie and Harry, so I did a dashed line with arrows on both ends.

"C'mon, guys," I mumbled to myself. "You aren't making this any easier on me." I continued to pace my room, trying to figure out how all of this could be resolved. I liked helping people solve their own problems, so this was up my alley. Well, obviously, Liam and Kaessie had to get together. If they didn't, I might kill them both. They were perfect for each other. But what about Harry? Who would he go with? And the whole Niall-Layla-Evi thing? And what about me? I must be the one growing old and alone from all of this. Tugging at my hair, I checked the date. November thirtieth. Wow. Time flies. Kaessie and Niall were set to be released from the hospital in the next day or two. Last I knew, the guys were leaving us for a bit to go to Madison Square Garden and play, but I wouldn't deny they'd probably invite at least one of us to go. They're allowed to have guests. And it's only a matter of time before either Liam or Harry works up the courage to ask Kaess to go. I heard my phone go off my ringtone for Kaessie so I quickly picked it up and waited for the latest.

"Hey, Ryn," She greeted, sounding much better than the last I heard. Last I heard, her voice was barely audible do to her excessive dry-heaves. After the third day of the flu, her vomiting had finally passed but by that time the only thing to throw up was blood from her throat being so scratched up. She now has tonsillitis, the poor girl can't seem to get a break.

"Hi."

"They're apparently releasing me tonight. Louis flirted with our nurses to release us early."

"Was the nurse male or female this time?" Kaess snorted.

"Unless it's a very convincing cross dresser, female last I knew."

"Well that's good to know we got our straight Louis back. What do you need me to do?"

"Well, Liam invited me to Madison Square Garden with him, as you know, but he said we can leave early so we can head back to Hartford. So, do you think you could start packing my stuff until I get there? My spare key is-"

"In the crack in the wood on the hallway door frame of your dorm room." She was silent. "I notice these things."

"Well, thanks. And since and I are leaving early to hang out in New York and he's taking me back home for a day or two is that enough time for the guys to start the bet when I'm not there, right?"