Mountain Glenn

A/n: Guess who's back?

Also, if anyone saw the notification earlier but couldn't read this chapter. I accidentally pressed publish instead of save, so I unpublished it and did a final edit. It was nearly done anyway, but it was published before I could buff out one error that completely ruined the flow of the chapter. Anyway, the final version of the chapter is now up.

Disclaimer: I own Absolutely Nothin'

Third-Person Pov:

"Professor/Doctor Oobleck?" Weiss and Y/n ask with raised eyebrows.

Oobleck begins pacing in front of the students and speaking at a speed only Y/n would see as normal. "I'm afraid those bags will be unnecessary, as you five will be shadowing me on what is essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you that we won't be establishing a single base of operations. Instead, we will be traversing several miles of treacherous terrain and setting up camp in any defendable locations we may come across. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship, and one more thing," Oobleck looks Weiss directly in the eye, "It's Doctor Oobleck," he says, "I didn't earn my Ph.D. for fun, thank you very much," he says before he breaks eye contact. "Now come along. According to my schedule, we're already three minutes behind schedule," he says before zooming toward the bullhead.

Ruby has a bright and hopeful look on her face as she raises her fist in the air. "Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oobleck," Ruby says with her voice full of excitement before it quickly leaves her and is replaced with the same soulless energy of her teammates. "Okay yeah, it sounds way worse when you say it out loud," she admits.

"Save the world?" A familiar voice asks. They turn to see Nora and the rest of Team JNPR walking toward them.

"Lightning Buddy," Y/n says with a blinding grin as he approaches Nora. Once he's close enough, he and Nora perform a super secret handshake at such speed that the seven remaining students are dumbfounded by its complexity and wondering how they've never seen them do it before.

"How, when, and why?" Yang asks.

"In case an alien decided to replace one of us," Nora says with the seriousness of a bullet to the chest.

Blake scoffs. "There's no such thing as aliens," she says. "That's just a bunch of made-up stories and old wives' tales."

Y/n and Nora look at each other, then at Blake, then each other, then at Blake, before they point at her. "Shun the non-believer," they shout.

"Shuuuuun," Nora says.

"Shuuuuuuuun," Y/n says.

"Shuuuuuuuuuuun," the two say in unison as they get closer to Blake.

Y/n and Nora eventually stop pointing and back away.

"Anyway, we got bored on the way back from Forever Fall and came up with the handshake on the bullhead," Y/n says.

"Wait, that's what you two were doing on the bullhead!?" Jaune asks with wide eyes. "I thought you two were just having a weird game of rock-paper-scissors."

"You dare question our methods?" Y/n and Nora ask Jaune in perfect sync as they stare into his eyes without blinking. Then, after a brief five seconds, Jaune looks away.

"But still, you five are going on world-saving missions without us?" Nora asks as she looks to the side. "I'm hurt," she says as she turns to face the other way," sad." She scratches her chin, "Maybe even a little hungry," she adds. "That last one's not your fault, though." Nora looks at her oldest friend, "Ren."