Menagerie

Disclaimer: Remember, folks, I don't own anything related to the Flash or RWBY.

Pardon me while I continue to crawl out of whatever dark pit of hell my procrastination caused me to fall headfirst into.

Third-Person Pov:

In the early hours of the day, the scorching sun hangs over Menagerie, bathing the island's inhabitants in an increasingly uncomfortable warmth for the next few hours. Most people would still be asleep given the hour, but in the desert island's largest settlement, the streets are bustling with activity as vendors' stalls are all packed with customers as everyone goes about their daily lives. However, many are on edge at the sight of the human in a black suit holding a sheathed sword in his left hand.

'It seems that I underestimated the resemblance between me and Adam,' Y/n thinks to himself. 'Doesn't help that I didn't think to hide the sword someplace safe while I'm asking where I can find Blake's dad.' Y/n puts his free hand on his chin. 'Although I could just sit around and wait for some form of law enforcement to show up, given the unease my appearance is causing people. Then I could ask them about Ghira.' Y/n tugs at the collar of his shirt. 'Assuming I don't pass out from heat exhaustion. Guess I found Remnant's Australia.' Y/n stands in place momentarily as he weighs the pros and cons. His brow furrows as a bead of sweat rolls down the side of his neck. "Screw it. I don't need that much aura to keep cool." Y/n keeps walking as he channels as little aura as possible to combat the sun's heat. As Y/n walks, he hums to the tune of a very catchy song he heard back on Earth.

"Momma, why is that human here?" A little girl asks. "Is he here to hurt us like the others did to Daddy?"

Y/n flinches and swears that he can hear his heart shatter at those words. He drops his new weapons as well. He turns to look at the girl. An eight-year-old with floppy ears on top of her head that remind Y/n of a basset hound. Next to the girl is a woman with similar ears and an eyepatch covering her left eye. Y/n also notices the burn scars on both Faunus.

"I'm not here to hurt anyone," Y/n tells the child. "I don't want to hurt anyone," he says as his voice cracks.

"And yet you carry a sword like you expect someone to attack," the woman venomously spits out.

Y/n flinches again and looks away. "I'm sorry for bothering you and your daughter, Ma'am," he says. Y/n slowly picks Wilt and Blush off the ground. He turns around and walks away in search of a secluded area to disappear from and start searching the island. As he walks, he rubs the back of his neck with his empty hand. 'I really need to find Mister Belladona and talk to him about the White Fang. Otherwise... who knows what damage they'll do? And since they were working for Cinder, and by extension, Thawne, I'm honestly surprised the trains weren't loaded with fear gas.' Y/n comes to a dead halt as his eyes widen, and his entire body stiffens.

'Nope. Nope. Nope. I am not entertaining that idea. If I do, Thawne probably considered it.' Y/n grits his teeth. 'But if I don't acknowledge the possibility, I'll be caught off guard. But at the same time, I could be wasting resources. And I don't have the League's resources to make a backup plan on the fly. All I can rely on is Atlas and General Ironwood. However, given my track record regarding high-ranking officers knowing my identity, or any Flash's identity, for that matter, trusting him will either come back to bite me in the ass, or he'll stop thinking I'm a danger to everyone.' Y/n shakes his head and starts walking, only half paying attention to his surroundings.

In his absent-mindedness, Y/n manages to make his way to the main street, but not without drawing a few dirty looks.

"What's a dirty human doing here?" An angered voice snarls.