𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

"Theodore, it's not your fault, pumpkin

"Theodore, it's not your fault, pumpkin." Willa sat on the couch by me, rubbing her hand on my back. "There's no way it could've been your fault. Don't think that way."

I sighed, rubbing my hands through my hair. It was my fault. I was the one who thought about the DNA test, I was the one who called her mom, the reason Joey was upset right now was because of me, and I swore I'd never make her upset. I promised her.

"It's her parents' fault that she's upset. You know that. You were just trying to look out for her—"

"But I was the reason she met her parents in the first place." I frowned at her. "I can't shake the feeling that she wouldn't be feeling this way if it weren't for me.. and I promised her I'd never make her upset. I broke a promise, Willa."

"Oh, bubba. Don't cry." Willa pulled me into a hug. "Seriously, don't do this to yourself. There's nothing you could've done to prevent this."

"I feel like there was though." I said I tapped my foot on the floor. "I feel like I didn't give her a choice, and she didn't want to actually go, and if I gave her the choice then she would've—"

"Theodore." Willa put her hand on my knee so I'd stop bouncing my foot. "It's not your fault. You know that, and Joey knows that." She held her hand under my chin. "She's not mad at you, mate. Understand?"

I let out a breath, nodding.

"It's been thirty minutes, or so.." Willa looked down at her watch. "So maybe you should go talk to her, yeah?"

"Okay," I got up. Joey specifically told me that she wanted space when we got here, so I gave her space, but I didn't want to leave her upstairs crying forever.

I walked up the steps to the guest bedroom, slowly opening the door. As soon as I did, Joey turned, looking at me. "Can I have a hug?" She asked me.

I smiled softly at her, reaching out my arms to pick her up off of the bed. "Sorry, baby." I pressed a little kiss to her cheek as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I didn't mean to yell at you earlier." She said as she cried. She used her sleeve to wipe her tears.

"It's okay, Joey. I understand." I rubbed my hand on her back as I sat down on the bed. I felt so bad because I knew after all this we'd still have to go to rehearsal and the concert. "Do you want me to ask Katie if you can stay home?"

I felt Joey nod. "Cisco was right." She mumbled after a few seconds.

That name rang a bell, but I couldn't figure out who it was for quite a minute. "Who was right?"

"Cisco was." She repeated. "He said he was the only one who loved me and he was right."

"Joey, you know that's not true." Joey regressing to the way she used to feel about herself was honestly my worst fear. "You can't even count on your fingers how many people love you, even if you had like.. five sets of hands."