𝐓𝐄𝐍

"I have another little rehearsal to do with Joey, but it shouldn't take long

"I have another little rehearsal to do with Joey, but it shouldn't take long." I stood up from the chair I was sitting in. Saint and I were still trying to work on our opening number with the orchestra. We'd finished all the writing, but it felt like something was missing. I think it may have been the drums that sounded weird, and Koa would somehow fix it when he came.

"Does she have everything down because we haven't rehearsed with her once." Saint looked at me from where he was seated on the floor.

I nodded. "She's got it completely down.. we'll just rehearse together once we're in New York." I walked out the room and down the hallway.

I had to go set up the keyboard since I had to take it down last night, so I was hoping that I could finish doing that at least before Joey arrived.

I looked up from my phone when I bumped into someone. I quite literally screamed. There wasn't supposed to be anyone else in the studio besides the people who were in the recording room with me.

"Joey," I chuckled. I put my hand over my heart, trying to catch my breath. It took me a second to notice how upset she looked. "You alright? Were you at Aileen's party last night?" That was my first assumption, knowing Aileen and her parties could get tiring fast.

Joey shook her head. I remember her talking about how excited she was to go.. at least I think I did. "So what happened?" I asked her.

Joey wiped a tear off of her face. "I.. um..." It was only another second before she burst into tears.

"Woah, Joey." I tilted her chin up with both my hands so she was looking at me. "Take a deep breath, Joey. It's okay."

Joey sniffled, wiping her tears. "I'm sorry," She apologized, putting her hands over her face.

I kind of didn't know what to say to her. I don't think I'd ever seen anyone cry this hard, so whatever happened had to be bad. "Okay, let's go sit down somewhere." I held onto her hand, taking her into the closest room. There weren't any seats or sofas in this room, but there were bean bags. "You can sit on the green one 'cause I like the blue one." I pulled the green bean bag closer to the blue one, then sat down. "Take a deep breath, yeah?" A rubbed my hand on her shoulder. "Did Aileen do something?"

Joey nodded. "She was mad at me yesterday because she said I was hanging out with you more than her." This wasn't surprising for me to hear, especially coming from Aileen.

I actually dated her right out of highschool, and if I remember correctly, she tended to be just a little controlling when things didn't go her way. I guess Joey hadn't experienced this until now.

"I just wanted to help Aileen dance and Cisco was there." She took a breath. "And he was horrible and she didn't even defend me and I thought she would." Tears continued to fall down her face.

I honestly don't know what Joey could've done to ever make anyone upset. The one time I had a bad experience with her attitude was just because she was scared of getting in trouble with her boyfriend. She was really always just trying to do the best for everyone else instead of herself.