Two.

There were people all around. Shopping for groceries, shopping for presents for holidays, getting themselves something to put in their empty, hungry stomachs. There were group of boys acting like..well.. boys, and there were groups of girls screaming excitedly over the new clothes they've bought. All the crowds and the voices were becoming extremely overwhelming for Earlia, who just wanted to explore the place. She didn't understand why people were so excited over this holiday called "Christmas" because she never experienced it. Which was kind of sad.

She shook her head. She wasn't going to let some stupid holiday make her upset.

"I should go somewhere quieter.." she said, covering her ears because there was now loud music playing.

She walked down the concrete path, looking for a quiet place to go into.

And then she saw it. A book store. And she knew that those places were quiet.  So she walked in, the music from outside fading away as she walked farther in the place.

"Hello! Welcome to Castle Of Books!" Said a man at a cash register. "Let me know if you need help finding anything!"

Feeling a bit startled, she slowly nodded and quietly said "ok"

Looking at the thousands of books on multiple shelfs, her heart started to speed up in excitement. She loved books, and she could stay her forever if she was allowed to.

First she went into the horror book section. A book caught her eye. It was titled "The Distance Of His Eyes"  She flipped through the pages, and started to read a random page.

"There you are!!" yelled David. "Stop staring at me!! I can see you! I'm not stupid!"

A young boy named David kept seeing two eyes infront of him every time he woke up, and it drove him insane. To make it worse, each day the eyes got closer and whispered things to him.  That's what was happening in the book.

Feeling a bit uncomfy, she put the book back on the shelf.

"That's enough of that.." she said, and went to the romance/fantasy section.  Earlia is not into romance books, so she picked up one that looked like a fantasy one to her.

And it was titled "The Kingdom of Deathly."

It was a pretty thick book. And thick fantasy books were always amazing to her, so she decided she'll buy it out.

She went to a register and placed the book infront of the cashier.

"Is this all you're going to have today?" Said the person scanning the book.

"Yeah."

"That'll be 14.99."

She gave them a 20 dollar bill. And they gave her a bag with her book in it.

They gave her the change and she walked out of the place back onto the noisy streets.

She looked at the bag.