Fourteen

Earlia stood there, preparing herself to fight Eternity. She had told the little girl to run back to her mother, and she did.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Eternity asked her. "You might end up getting really hurt."

Earlia shook her head. "Shut up." She said. "We haven't fought yet."

And before she could do anything, they appeared right in front of her and grabbed her by the arms.

She jumped, startled a bit, and tried to get out of their grasp.

"Let go of me!!" She shouted. "You think grabbing my arm will do something?"

Eternity grinned.

"Oh, don't forget," they said. "I can do anything.."

Their grip tightened on her arms and it slowly started to feel like the bones in her arm were breaking. She gritted her teeth, trying not to let out any sounds of agony. She tried to pull away, but that only made her arm hurt worse.

She couldn't use her powers because she needed her hands for that,  but she could use her special powers.. which was the electricity come out of her eyes instead of her hands.

"You better let me go.." she said, as her eyes turned a darker purple. Her eyes flickered a lighter purple, and electricity shot out of her eyes, zapping Eternity.

Eternity let go of her, and stumbled back a bit. Gripping their chest.

"Ohh.." they said. "That kind of hurt a lot."

Earlia stood back a bit, rubbing her aching arm.

"I told you to let go." She said, her eyes still flickering. "Or I might just burn you into a pile of ashes.."

Eternity bursted out into hysterical laughter. 

"Oh, you've got some nice jokes." They said. "Unfortunately for you, joking time is over.."

Before Earlia could say or do anything, Eternity kicked her hard enough in the stomach to make her cough up blood and vomit.

She gripped into her stomach in agony, and couldn't even move.

"Crap, ugh.." she groaned, the taste of vomit and blood in her mouth made her stomach turn. And since she couldn't move, she couldn't even get out of the way for Eternity's next attack. They grabbed her by the neck, and punched her hardly in the face, sending her into a wall of a building, banging her head to hard.

Pain in her head pounded, her vision blurred and doubled, and she could feel blood drip down from her head. But she couldn't worry about it now. She didn't know what to do, what to think, she was basically out of it.

Her vision started to get better, and she tried to stand up.

She was a little dizzy, but leaning on the wall behind her made it a bit better.

Eternity was still there, and they grabbed her by the chin.

"Oh, you poor little thing.. did I go too hard on you already?" they said.

She tried to shake her head no, but the pain in her hand made her struggle to do so.

Eternity punched her in the stomach again, which made her whimper in pain.

She looked up to them.

"If you're going to take my soul..." she said. "Just do it already.."

Eternity chuckled. 

"Gladly." They started to do the same thing they were doing to that little girl. Their hand went through Earlia's chest, and she bit her lip  trying to hold in all the sounds of agony that wanted to come out.

Her vision went blurry

She closed her eyes tightly, and Her body slowly lost its strength

And it was at this very moment she thought this was it for her. She was going to die right here, right now.

But then something happened. She didn't feel that pain in her chest anymore, and her strength was slowly starting to come back.

She slowly opened her eyes and felt hands grip onto her shoulders.

"You okay?" a voice said. And she recognized that voice.

"Where did you come from Shawn.." She said. "Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"Was supposed to be." He said. "But I heard something outside..decided to come check it out."

Earlia swatted his hand off her shoulder.

"I'm fine." She said. "No need to touch me."

Shawn frowned and shook his head.

"You hit your head." He said. "Gotta make sure you're okay."

Earlia looked around.

"Where are they?" She asked. "Are they gone?"

"The person attacking you?" he said. "Caught them with my chains..before I could ask anything, they vanished."

Earlia huffed.

"Okay..I need to go.." she said. She turned away from Shawn, but felt dizzy and almost fell to the ground. 

Shawn grabbed her by the arm and held her to help her stand.

"You're not going anywhere in your condition." He said. "Your head is bleeding..did they hurt you anywhere else?

Earlia shook her head.

"No..no where else.." she lied. She was punched in the stomach and it was costing her more pain.

Shawn slowly looked her up and down.

"Did you throw up?" He said. "Blood?"

He gently poked her stomach and she winced in pain.

"Well would you look at that." He said. "Let's take you to the hospital and-"

"I am NOT going to the hospital." Earlia interrupted. "So you don't even have to say it again and-"

"Oh, shush up." Shawn said. "I'm taking you to the hospital rather you like it or not."

Earlia sighed.

"It's not even that bad. So you need to get back to work." She said. "If i..start to feel bad, I'll go to the hospital myself, okay?"

Shawn thought for a moment.

"I was on break at work when I came out here." He said. "I still have time, and I will take you home."

Before Earlia could say anything, Shawn wrapped his arms around her and walked her home.

Earlia sat on the couch, and Shawn wiped the blood off of her face.

"Alright.." he said. "Let me see that stomach of yours okay?"

Earlia gripped onto her shirt, not letting him lift it up.

"Doesn't hurt..I'm fine.." she said. "I..I just.."

Shawn raised an eyebrow..

"Yeah?"

"I don't wanna be home alone for long.." Earlia said. "So..um..please try to come back quickly.."

Shawn smiled.

"Of course baby." He said.    He gave her a kiss on the cheek.  "Stay here, and get some rest."

He rubbed her head, and walked towards the door, then left.

When he left, Earlia got herself comfortable on the couch, and tried to fall asleep. And eventually,  she did.