CHAPTER 24

***She got inside her car and let out a loud cry as her heart broke into pieces....She put her head on the steering wheel and she cried painful...Yes she’s divorcing him but she still loves him and to see him in that position with another woman broke her heart and the worst part is it wasn’t even with the baby mama meaning it’s possible that he’s been cheating with different women all long even before they separated...She calmed down and wiped her tears off and she took a deep breath and buckled up and she started the car and drove out of the premises***

***She’s lost in her thoughts as her mind kept going back to the s*x scene she witnessed when suddenly she hears a hoot of a car and when she comes back from her thoughts she sees a car in front of her not moving as the traffic lights turned red....she hits her breaks but it’s too late as she bumps into the back of the car screaming and shaking....the driver door from the other car opens roughly and out comes Mpande fuming with anger.....Hills unbuckles her safety belt with her mind trying to make out what just happened........ she opens her door crying and shaking unaware that the owner of the car she just bumped into is Mpande***
Mpande: uyahlanya yini wena sfeb.... ( are you out of your mind bitc....)
***he stopped talking as he saw that its Hills and Hills also recognise him***
Hills: im....im sor.... im....so sorry
***she said shaking and also crying and Mpande sighed rubbing his head roughly ***
Hills: I’ll pay for your car to be fixed please don’t call the cops
Mpande: ok people move right along there’s nothing to see here
****He said to drivers driving slowly to see what happened and people who were now taking videos and pictures of the accident***
Mpande: hey fosek man....anizwa yini...
***he said shouting and one driver snuck his head out his window looking back at Mpande***
Driver: hai fosek nawe msunu....this is not your father’s road
Mpande: I just memorized your number plate shlama....i hope you have insurance and a funeral cover
***he said taking out his gun and the driver quickly speed off and people dispensed as Mpande put his gun back....he looked at Hills who was making a call to her insurance with her hands shaking***
Mpande: go home we will take care of this later when you are calm
Hills: im sorry...im so sorry.....i wasn’t looking and.....
***she breathed in and out trying to calm down***
Hills: I found him having s*x with some white woman and i.....i shouldn’t have driven in my state...im sorry
***she said wiping her tears off with her shaky hands and Mpande sighed***
Hills: I promise I’ll fix your car...i promise
Mpande: stay here don’t move
***he turned the hazards of her car on and he went to his car and started it and waited for the traffic lights to turn green and he drove past the traffic lights and packed his car on the side and he got out and closed the door and walked back to Hills’ car...she’s now inside her car trying to calm down***
Mpande: let me help you out
*** she looked at him confused as he pulled her out of the car and she held on to him as her knees became wobbly....Mpande balanced her and slowly they went to the passenger side and he helped her get in and he closed the door and went back to driver side and got in then he turned the hazards off as he started the car and waited***
Mpande: do you have someone you can call to come you pick up
Hills: Moera but I don’t think she will come or answer my calls and I can’t call Ma or ausVee
***she said sniffing and Mpande sighed as he drove passed the green traffic lights and he packed behind his car and switched the car off***
Mpande: so what are we gonna do....i have places to be
***she sniffed***
Hills: its ok I can drive
Mpande: drive how when you’re shaking like this...eish
***he sighed as she didn’t say anything....after some quiet time he spoke***
Mpande: that time in the hospital uthe ipipi lami lenzani ( what did you say about my p*nis)
***Hills froze and she swallowed hard....she didn’t understand why he would bring that up now***
Mpande: ngiyabuza weNtabeni ( im asking Hills)
Hills: you also called me feti boom boom
Mpande: well you’re not that big so I exaggerated a bit cause you bruised my ego but I know my d*ck is not small so why ipipi and not ikhanda ( the head) or my brown eyes or even my big feet... why ipipi pho...ipipi lami lakwenzani walithuka kangaka ( what did my d*ck do to you for you to insult it that much)
***she sighed....she couldn’t believe this guy***
Hills: sorry for bruising your ego I just got defensive nje
Mpande: ok manje ungizwe kahle wena umama wokuBruis(a) amaEgo we bantu besilisa.... angishayi abafazi kodwa next time ukhuluma amasimba ngepipi lami ngiyokshaya nge spinning kick ekhanda bese ngikushaye nge choke slam mangiqeda ngithi rest in peace yeUndertaker uzinyele   (now listen to me Miss ego bruiser ....i don’t beat women but next time you talk sh*t about my p*nis  I’ll hit you with a spinning kick on your head then I’ll choke slam you and when im done I’ll use undertaker’s rest in peace and you’ll sh*t yourself)
***Hills found herself laughing out loud and Mpande just smiled***
Mpande: uya hleka ( you’re laughing ) and im serious
Hills: askies but wrestling moves Mpande....really???
***she said as she continued to laugh***
Mpande: what’s wrong with them
Hills: ummm nothing
***she said as she held her laugh in ***
Mpande: or you want me to show you now
***he said opening his door and she shook her head no holding in her laughter***
Mpande: ngintswenbu kabi  ( im too good) with those moves Mrs ego bruiser
Hills: don’t call me that
Mpande: ok Ntabeni
Hills: really now
Mpande: mmmmh it suits you better
***she looked away***
Mpande: so ngitshele la....uthi you found who and who bedlana ( now tell me....you said you found who and who f*ck*ng)
***she breathed out***
Hills: my soon to be husband and some white woman
Mpande: mmmmh.... so uguy uthanda othekeni boknuka wet chicken feathers (so the guy likes women who smell like wet chicken feathers)
***she laughed not looking at him and he smiled again***
Hills: stop ok
Mpande: im telling you....bayanuka ( they smell) most of them....so you almost killed me because of that
***she didn’t say anything***
Mpande: you’re not serious..... so will you forgive him...are you one of those ababekezelayo amasimba( who tolerate sh*t)  in a relationship
***she kept quiet a bit***
Hills: I served him with divorce papers
Mpande: mmmmh that’s good
***she took a deep breath....she didn’t  understand why she was still here with him and telling him all these....he’s the same guy that called her fat***
Hills: I think im fine now....i can be able to drive myself....
Mpande: I’ll send you my invoice then
***she took a deep breath***
Hills: ok...thanks for....everything
***he nodded and opened the door and got out then he went to his car***
Hills: today is really not my day...shoot I didn’t ask for his numbers
***she opened her door to ask for his numbers but he was already driving away.....she sighed and got out of her car and went to see the damage and she sighed defeated...she went to the driver side and got in then she drove off***

____

AT THE HOSPITAL

***Alphalette went to the cafeteria to buy Masai and his son snacks ***
AJ: mommy
Masai: yes papa
AJ: a man dush dush dush dush
***he said imitating a gunshot***
AJ: a woman do this...
***he said and he imitated someone falling ***
AJ: and man took ring and leave
Masai: heh
***she said frowning***
AJ: mmmmh.....mommy
Masai: yes papa
AJ: don’t cry
Masai: but im not crying...you see
***she said smiling***
AJ: not like hi hi hi....don’t cry mommy....Khulu don’t want you to cry
***Masai frowned looking at him***
Masai: which Khulu
AJ: ^wakhulumi Nkhosi....wena wakhulumi ndaba se mkhodo Nkhosi...ohh ohh ahh....aha ah ah....Khulumi Khosi....^
***he sang playing with his fingers and Masai just looked at him not sure what to make of what just happened and this song of his***
Masai: Khai
AJ: mommy
Masai: which Khulu
AJ: my Khulu....
Masai: you have a Khulu
AJ: mmmmh
***he said nodding***
Masai: you mean Khulu at gogo’s house?
***he shook his head no***
Masai: ok...where does he stay
AJ:  wa khulumi Nkhosi....wena waKhulumi ndaba se mkhodo Nkhosi...ohh ohh ahh....aha ah ah....Khulumi Khosi....
***he sang not answering his mother then Alphalette walked in and AJ stopped singing***
Alpha: look what I bought you champ
***AJ smiled and Alphalette gave him his gummy bears jelly sweets and he gave Masai her snacks too and he could see something was bothering her***
Alpha: what’s wrong
Masai: AJ just said something weird to me.... he said Khulu doesn’t want me to cry
***Alpha frowned***
Alpha: which Khulu
***she shrugged her shoulders***
Masai: I don’t know and I think he watched a movie he’s not supposed to watch at your mother’s place....he was telling me about a man shooting a woman and taking her ring
Alpha: I’ll talk to Ma about that don’t worry
***she nodded and opened the plastic***
Masai: and this weird song he keeps singing that only he can understand....ai
Alpha: which song
Masai: I think its in Zulu or something.... I mean he doesn’t even know Isizulu.....ai your son Phalette
***Alphalette looked at his son***
Alpha: champ
AJ: mmmmh
***he answered chowing on his jelly sweets nodding as if he’s dancing to a song***
Alpha: sing the song you were singing for mommy
***He shook his head no***
Alpha: please boy sing for daddy
***he shook his head no again and he hummed a song eating***
Masai: your son is weird
***Alpha chuckled***
Alpha: he’s our son...remember we made him together
Masai: mxm like father like son
***Alpha laughed***

____ 

Man: im sorry but I can’t help you.... I can only give you clarity on some of the questions that are troubling you....im gonna be truthful with you son......what you have is....beyond my powers
***Gaza sighed and the man looked around his ancestral hut and it was filled with black smoke on the ceiling that’s moving around in circles...he swallowed hard and he sighed looking down, he needed to trust his ancestors for protection cause this is beyond him....he closed his eyes and he could see the dark shadow of some sort of a mystical monster outside his yard standing there looking inside his yard....he knew this was beyond his powers as a strong and well known traditional healer but his ancestors told him not to turn him away***
Gaza: then who can help me
Man: the only man I know that can help you is in Congo in a remote village and again he might betray you and stab you in the back cause what you have, to a man like him is treasure....if you go to him for help im afraid there’s a high possibility that you might not make it back...he will never let you go
**Gaza sighed***
Gaza: is he a friend of yours
***the traditional healer sighed***
Man: when you have this kind of gift I have sometimes you feel like it’s not enough....you get tempted to be more powerful,  more stronger and you forget the purpose of your gift....you end up entering places you shouldn’t enter and being friends with people you shouldn’t be friends with....im glad I came back to my senses before God and my ancestors turned their backs on me....now im content with my gift and I use it for good
***Gaza nodded and he sighed***
Man: when did you realized you’re not alone in that body
Gaza: when I had my first kill ....that one deserved to die...he was evil it was either me or him
Gaza: then....there are others....some deserved it some not so much but it’s done
***he sighed then he chuckled as tears filled his eyes***
Gaza: I knew when I woke up from that place I was kept captive  that something was wrong with me....even when I started to remember who I am I knew something was wrong but I kept it to myself...it doesn’t bother me and sometimes I even forget I have it ..... well that’s until....
***he kept quiet***
Man: it feeds of your emotions.....
***the man sighed and he kept quiet thinking***
Man: you knew something was put inside you before you escaped didn’t you and that when you had your first kill but because you lost your memory that thing stayed in the dark waiting for the day you’ll remember who you are and that’s when it woke up....and that’s why you remember everything that happened to you even when you “lost “ your memory
***Gaza didn’t say anything...he lied to Alphalette that he remembers bits and pieces about when he was abducted but the truth of the matter is he remembers everything....every little thing even the ritual that was done when that thing was put in him***
Man: yho!!
***he exclaimed...this was beyond him***
Gaza: so how do I live with it....i don’t think I can control it....it has a mind of its own....when it wants to do something I can’t stop it....it can hide its self I think that’s why my brother  cant see it but he can tell something is off
***the man picks his ancestral bones again...his hands are shaking now as he blows on them and he throws them on top of the goat skin and reads them***
Man: mmmmh I see
***he looked at Gaza***
Man: the is a man he’s powerful....more powerful than you can think....the bones say he’s closer....he knows about you and what was put in you but he might not help you because he once encountered that thing in you and he tried to help the one dearest to him but he failed....it killed her instead
Gaza: someone closer...
***he asked himself***
Man: mmmmh.... there’s a lot you’re still gonna find out.....just know you’re not the only one
Gaza: what does that mean
Man: it means I can’t help you but the cleansing will get rid of the bad luck and dark cloud following you around..... Let your father do the cleansing for you
***the man looked at Gaza again***
Man: it will also clean the blood I see on your hands
***Gaza sighed***
Gaza: is my wife involved in what happened to me
Man: when I first threw the bones I saw two older women, a man and a witchdoctor...the two older women and the man are closest to you....those are the ones who plotted to have you turned into that thing,  each with their own selfish and evil reasons.....as for your wife....she’s a pawn in a game....they blinded her but....
***he kept quiet a bit***
Man: she loves the two of you.....she can’t let either one of you go and that has got nothing to do with witchcraft......and as for that witchdoctor, he was experimenting with you what he learned in Congo and he created something beyond him....he’s lucky he’s dead
***the Sangoma shook his head***
Man: some people have evil hearts....he didn’t even know what he was doing....but im glad you’re still alive....just know you’re not the only one and only you can chose to be evil or good....once you make that choice then you will really know whether you can control it or not
***Gaza kept quiet lost in thoughts.....He took out a stack of money and put it on the floor and he clapped his palms***
Gaza: thokoza Mkhulu...
***the man nodded then Gaza got up to leave***
Man: im always here if you can’t talk to your brother....but just know what he knows something is off and he’s worried about you
***Gaza didn’t say anything he just walked out and the man sighed...he got up and called out to one of his initiates and told him to prepare cleansing water for him, he needs to cleanse his ancestral hut and yard***

____

*** Tarek is busy pacing up and down in his office feeling hot....he increases the air corn in his office and looked at the torn to pieces divorce papers all over the floor and he huffed and went to sit down***
Tarek: does this mean she did cheat and she’s leaving me for him
***he asked himself***
Tarek: nah...not Hills....the way she walked out means she still loves me....that pain on her face means she still loves me....yes she does....but the divorce papers...eish
***he huffed and took his phone and as he’s about to make a phone call his phone rings and it’s his mother...he sighed and answered ***
Tarek: Ma
His.Mother: hey baby
***she said sounding down***
Tarek: what’s wrong you sound down
His.mother: when was the last time you spoke with your father
Tarek: ummm I don’t know its been a while now
***she sighed***
Tarek: whats going on Ma
His.mother: your father hasn’t been home in a couple of days and he’s ignoring my calls....i don’t know what to do anymore
***she said sniffing***
Tarek: what....why didn’t you tell me
His.mother: it’s not something a mother can talk to her son about
***he sighed and rubbed his eyes***
Tarek: let me call him
His.mother: ok
***he ended the call with her and dialled his father’s numbers and he answered***
Mazwakhe: son
Tarek: baba how are you
Mazwakhe: im still alive and you
Tarek: im ok...ummm baba....Ma just called me and she told me you haven’t been home for a couple of days
***Mazwakhe kept quiet a bit***
Mazwakhe: yes that’s true
***Tarek frowned because of his response***
Tarek: what’s going on.....how can you do this to Ma
Mazwakhe: don’t get involved son...what is happening is between your mother and I is between us
Tarek: what do you mean I shouldn’t get involved...she’s my mother or have you forgotten that!!
Mazwakhe: ok mama’s boy...tell your mother that I’ll come back home when she’s ready to tell me the truth about the twins’ real father
Tarek: wh..what
***his father sighed***
Mazwakhe: I have to go....we will talk
***then he ended the call leaving Tarek shocked...he dialled his mother’s numbers and she answered***
His.mother: did you find him
Tarek: ma what does baba mean when he says he will only come back home when you’re ready to tell him the real father of the twins
***His mother froze***
Tarek: ma??
***still nothing then the call was dropped....he looked at his phone trying to make out what was happening ***

____

***He took a deep breath before he knocked on the door and soon the door opened and Mdu stood there holding a baby in his arms and his anger shot up....As soon as Mdu’s mind registers what he’s seeing he almost drops the baby..... his phone falls to the floor as he looks at Gaza with his eyes popped out...Gaza walks in pushing him out of the way stepping hard on his phone on purpose cracking its screen ***
Voice: who is it....
***Marina asked and as soon as her eyes landed on Gaza she fainted***
.
.
.
***Marina is now awake and sitting on one of the couches sobbing silently and Gaza is just sitting there looking at her....He couldn’t believe this is the same woman he loved so dearly that he even changed his old ways because he wanted to be a better man for her....his eyes then went to his cousin who looks shaken even though he’s trying so hard to hide that he is.....He cleared his throat***
Gaza: why are you still here Mdu
***Mdu frowned***
Mdu:: what do you mean by that....there’s nowhere in hell im leaving my child and Marina alone with you
***Gaza chuckled ***
Gaza: who’s house is this dear cousin...or did you perhaps help me build it
***Mdu didn’t say anything***
Gaza: now listen here....take your bastard child and get the hell out of my house and Mdu you have 5 minutes to do so
***Mdu looked at Marina for backup but Marina avoided his eyes and he chuckled shaking his head...he got up with his daughter in his arms and he picked the baby bag and walked out and Marina sobbed louder***
Gaza: Marina....Marina....
Marina: im sorry Gaza...i....
***she sobbed***
Gaza: what are you sorry about.....the cheating or the baby or the fact that he’s my blood cousin or that you two are still f*cking....which one are you sorry about
***she just cried....he breathed out calming himself down***
Gaza: why....why him
Marina: I made a mistake
Gaza: how when you’re still sleeping with him heh....how!!!
***she just cried***
Gaza: do you even love me or you just settled because of my money
Marina: I love you I just made a mistake
Gaza: stop saying it’s a mistake because it’s not damn it!!!!....
***she jumped looking scared***
Gaza: where is my son
Marina: he....he’s with your father
Gaza: so you got rid of him so you two can f*ck in peace
Marina: your father took him baby...i swear and I couldn’t fight him
***Gaza chuckled standing up***
Gaza: so lying has become this easy for you now
***she didn’t say anything she just cried***
Gaza: ok
***he went to their bedroom and Marina got up shaking and she paced around the lounge....she took her phone and made a call to her mother***
.
.
.
TO BE CONTINUED....
#TO-DARE-IS-TO-DO