CHAPTER 2

WEEKS LATER

MASAI NAIMA RAPULA

*** I’m sitting in the balcony at our apartment trying to make sense of what happened weeks back....i found out that my fiancé’s brother is actually some guy whom I once slept with and after he was done with me he kicked me out of his hotel room like I’m some useless prostitute....The guy treated me like garbage and the worst part is he left his seed inside of me and I didn’t even know.....yes we used a condom but few weeks later I found out I was pregnant and he was the only guy I slept with and before him I was single for 5 months.... Maybe the condom broke and he didn’t tell me or he removed it I don’t know, what I know is he’s the father unless I also got impregnated by the Holy Spirit..... ( sigh)

The way I was devastated after he treated me like trash I didn’t even think of drinking  morning after pills  even though we used protection because those things aren’t 100 percent safe....I’m here looking down at my son Khai and damn he looks like his father....i never thought I’ll ever see him again....i only knew his name Alphalette, I didn’t know even where he’s from and which tribe he’s from...hell I didn’t even know if he’s South African or not cause we only spoke English even though it was brief before he f#ck!d my brains out, the piece of sh!t didn’t even have an accent....I’m sure if Stevens paid more attention in trying to build some sort of relationship or even made an effort in spending some time with Khai,  he would have seen his older brother in him....

Steven neh....eish we met 5 month ago and nigga decided to propose weeks back the same day he introduced me to his whole family  officially....I swear I wanted to die there and then when I saw him....i wished the ground could open and I would gladly jump in and hide... ( sigh)…..Another thing he’s a fr#ak!n sangoma like a Gobela...a thokoza Mkhulu...yes I saw the beads but I didn’t think he’s a Sangoma cause even those who haven’t been initiated wear them, I mean some wear them for protection and I can’t differentiate between a sangoma and an initiate and a random person who wears beads for protection.... and for as far as I know Sangomas are not supposed to look like that, I mean hot....i didn’t smell Mpepho or traditional herbs on him.....nikka smelled like million dollars...( sigh).....

Another thing that confuses me is he’s a fr#ak!n Sangoma but he didn’t know that he has a child out there....doesn’t traditional healers have super powers to see the future or something...( sigh)....then there’s Stevens how do I tell him that his brother is my son’s father well that’s if he didn’t put two and two together when I ran off after I saw baby daddy....i don’t think he would want to marry me anymore....imagine having a child with one brother and getting married to another...( sigh)....yho Masai wa tla wa e baka( you just did the unthinkable).…

The door opened and I turned to look and Moera my twin sister walked in holding shopping bags...she puts them down and walked to us....she bend and kissed Khai’s forehead....gosh she loves him and spoils him rotten so does his grandmother ( our crazy mom) and Hills our other sister not by blood though....Khai calls me mommy and Moera mama and he calls Hills Mamkhulu...he’s a smart and clever child and I love him to bits, I can’t imagine my life without him***
Moera: has it been long since a robetse ( he slept)
***I just shook my head***
Moera: keng o tsuputse ( why are you sulking)
Me: a ka tsupula ( im not sulking)
Moera: ok then why the long face
***I rolled my eyes at her....mxm she can be a bore***
Me: im just worried of how Steven will take or is taking the news that Khai is his brother’s child
Moera: mxm oho....that one le bo yellow e kare guava ya go bola ( that yellow one that looks like a rotten guava) well im sure he already knows...i mean its been weeks and he still haven’t called you….take your losses Masa and move on
***she rolled her eyes***
Me: he just need some time to calm down...i love him ok
Moera: mmmmh I also would love to wear nothing but expensive brands only but I can’t afford to be broke so I settle for something  affordable so don’t tell me about that yellow one….
***she rolled her eyes again***
Me: what??...dude what does that got to do with what I said and you know we are privileged ...stop lying and being dramatic
Moera: I know it got nothing to do with what you said about RG  but I made my point case closed
***I just gave her the “wtf” look then I rolled my eyes....right then my phone rings and it’s Stevens....gosh my heart nearly stopped beating.....anyway I answered with my heart beating fast***
Me: babe
***Moera rolled her eyes and took Khai from me and walked inside***
Stevens: hey
***i heard him sigh***
Me: I tried calling you
Stevens: I didn’t wanna talk to you
***ouch***
Stevens: are you ready to come clean
***you know what, let me get this over and done with***
Me: ummm….there’s something you need to know
***he cleared his throat***
Stevens: im listening
***I sighed...f#ck this is hard....i’m even shaking***
Me: ummm your brother....he’s...he’s Khai’s father
***silence***
Stevens: tell me you’re not gonna tell him he’s the father
***I frowned***
Me: askies???
Stevens: dont tell him...please
***I can’t believe this***
Me: what do you mean I shouldn’t tell him Stevens....he’s Khai father for goodness sake and why don’t you sound surprised
Stevens: I’ll raise him as my own
***he’s crazy this one***
Me: you never showed interest in building a relationship with him and get to know him since we met and now just because he’s your brother’s son you wanna raise him as your own
Stevens: im not the one who’s wrong here... you have a f#ck#n child with my brother...i should be the one who’s angry!!!
***he sounds pissed and I swallowed...i put the phone on loud speaker and put it on my lap and massaged the sides of my head....the stress is showing me flames***
Stevens: this sh!t is gonna divide my family....how will it look you having a child with him and me marrying you....you’re gonna be called names and sh!t....look you can’t tell him I’ll play a fatherly role towards your son and plus he’s been doing good without a father in his life...why do you wanna disrupt his life huh
Me: you can’t hide that he’s his Steven....he looks like him and why don’t you sound surprised
Steven: I put two and two together…..
Moera: f#tsek RG!! ( piss off RG)
***I quickly turned and Moera looked angry...ok how long has she been standing there....she snatched the phone from me and turned the loud speaker off and put it on her ear….ooh Lord save me***
Moera: sebete se se kana o se tseya kae....who the f3ck are you.....bona moo jou hond, Alphalette your brother will know that he has a son with Masa and if you cant accept that and love her regardless then fotsekela kwaa....o nagana gore kwena fela a naleng pipi molefatsheleng heh  ( where do you get the nerve.... who the f3ck are you…. look here you dog Alphalette your brother will know that he has a son with Masa and if you cant accept that and love her regardless then f3ck off....you think you’re the only one with a dick in the world)
Me: Moera!!!
Moera: hey don’t start with me wena nxa....i see o nyako nnyela le mpya ee ya gao ( I see you wanna sh!t yourself with this dog of yours)…. when it comes to AJ dont piss me off
***it looks like Stevens said something to her and the insults that came out of her mouth were just too much for my ears***
Moera: fots#ke le tlhogo ya le premature ( f3#k you with a premature head)
***she threw the phone at me***
Moera: im disappointed in you twinnie ....your child comes first not pipi ( a dick)...this sh!t you’re doing ke desperation fela....i can’t believe you
***she gave me a nasty look and walked away and I sighed and took my phone and the call was dropped ( sigh)...she’s right and deep down I know I would never deprive my son a chance to meet and know his father but I love Stevens and im scared that he will leave me....i have bad luck when it comes to relationships and everything was going well between us until I met his brother and realized that he’s my mysterious baby daddy....Moera walked back to me ( ooh here we go again)***
Moera: o sa nyako ng’gafisa wena wankutlwa....don’t ever and I mean ever secure  a dick ka AJ...e nne la bofelo....you don’t wanna see the other side of me....o sa batla go ngferola dibete Masai....Phalette is off limits....i used to dislike him mara nou I hate him nxa ( don’t make me go crazy you hear me....dont ever and I mean ever secure a dick AJ....it should be the last time....you don’t wanna see the other side of me....dont make me mad Masai....Phalette is off limits.... i used to dislike him but now I hate him nxa)
***she walked away.... gosh she’s mad..... no she’s angry...(sigh) I rubbed my eyes they are painful...they usually get painful when I have a headache or im stressed***