Chapter 6

Wednesday began walking back to the stairs. Her thoughts of purely getting information turned into slight remorse. It wasn't Enid's fault that her head was filled with such idiotic dreams and ideas, nobody taught her that they'll always be demolished no matter which choices she may make.

The quiet hallways hadn't brought her pleasure as they once did. She entered her dorm quietly as always, and instead of focusing on her novel, for the first time, she immediately went to her bed. Except she couldn't sleep, again. She got up from her bed and walked to her desk, planning to write, but this idea fails. All she can think about is what happened, maybe she can use this to her advantage. "You cannot let your guard down and underestimate the power of a naive imbecile. They're able to just as easily infect you with their flawed mentality as a skilled manipulator," She wrote. Her new train of thought was soon ended when Thing realized she was back and began clamoring inside the desk. She opened the drawer. "Hmph. I apologize, Thing. I've had my priorities set today." She set him down on the bed. "Enid?" He signed.

"What about Enid?" She questioned.

"Did you apologize to Enid?" He signed back.

"Why would I apologize? Again, I did nothing wrong. She just can't accept the truth." She once again coldly stated, with even colder eyes than before. "But I do need your help for something."

Hours of planning and scheming had passed.

She'd realize the most well known manipulators in the entire school had slipped completely from her thoughts. The very people who could very well control her thoughts and emotions, and it had to be their queen bee. "So do you understand what we're going to do?" Wednesday made one last check with Thing. 'Of course, do you?' Wednesday just smirked, "I created this plan so I would hope I know it."

They crept out of the room, trying to avoid every little crack in the floorboards. Except for Thing, of course. He was a hand. He didn't have to worry about that. Wednesday would've felt lucky Enid wasn't there, but with everything going on, she felt far from it. They made their way silently across the school, looking for where the "hive" of sirens were. It wasn't too hard, "Thing. You know what to do." Wednesday picked him up off her shoulder, holding him up so he could lock-pick the golden-black door that reflected the moonlight. As he did, Wednesday looked around. She noticed he was taking a while, "Full offense but you're being loud and taking an extra amount of time for this task. If I knew it would be so tedious for you, I would've done it." Thing would've frowned if a hand could, but he kept doing his job. "Just give me it," Wednesday says after a minute. Wednesday takes the lockpick and tries it. It works first try, "Ah, so it is just your skills, I almost worried that my trusty lockpick didn't work anymore." Thing sulked as they walked in quietly.