A Cowboy Kinda Life

Tying my hair in a braid falling down my back, I tugged on the reins of my horse feeling the wind blowing through my hair. Closing my eyes I lean back on my horse sighing in relief at this feeling of being so free. I haven't felt such freedom since we were spending our time at the summer camp. This feeling I want to hold onto for as long as possible. Dismounting my horse the tent flap gets opened revealing my husband who gave me a small smile. "Hey baby, I woke up and you were gone."

"It's fine Kayce. I just went out for a morning ride." I replied, tucking hair behind my ear wrapping my arms around his neck.

He rested his hands on my hips tugging me closer to his chest, smirking playfully. I mirror his expression knowing it would only lead to something reckless in the cowboy way. "I wanna show you somethin' while the kids are still asleep on their saddles."

Climbing back on my horse I followed him through the treeline where we rode for a little ways finding a rock ledge that reveals a huge clearing of a beautiful open field of orange and yellow. Slowly dropping off my horse Kayce tugged me down to sit beside him. He wrapped his arms around my waist kissing the crown of my head. "This spot brings me back to our summer honeymoon...I think we're getting back to that darling."

"I'd have to disagree." I teased, lifting my head to glance up into his brown eyes.

He squeezes me lightly, nuzzling his nose against mine getting my smile to grow. "Is that so. Tell me Mrs. Dutton, what exactly am I missing?"

Gently pushing him onto his back on the ground I hold myself up with my hands on either side of him. "Well we didn't really have a honeymoon since your father called us. So I think we deserve a re-do. Because I love our children, but we have four little ones and they take a lot out of me." I sighed with my hair falling in front of my eyes.

Kayce reached up tucking it behind my ear chuckling up at me rolling us over so I was the one on my back. "Oh I think I can do a re-do right here. With the woman that I love laying in the most beautiful scenery on earth.." He leans down pressing his lips onto mine where I immediately kiss him back.

Wrapping my arms and legs around him he puts his weight down on me deepening the kiss. One of my hands reaches up, knocking his black cowboy hat off his head threading my fingers into his brown curls. When I tugged on them he released a moan making me break the kiss for a split second. "Slow down cowboy. We've got time..."