Little B's Birthday

Authors  Note
Thank you to everyone who sent in ideas.

Everyone gives her gifts
CoreBore123

Bree gets a dog
15kmudd

Y/n has flashbacks of her and kayce riding horses. She gets injured but he tells her to trust him when he says get back on the horse and beat the fear
Ash54817 and coffer_bish

 She gets injured but he tells her to trust him when he says get back on the horse and beat the fear Ash54817 and coffer_bish

(Bree's dog)

Weeks have gone since Kayce left the ranch with Monica and Tate. But I don't want to worry about that today or tomorrow. Because tomorrow is Bree's birthday, September 10th. John has given everyone working on his ranch two days off to help set and celebrate the party. My phone rings as I'm driving to pick up her cake and my present which is a golden necklace with a picture of our family inside. "Y/n don't hang up please. I just wanted to hear your voice. I love you and I'm sorry for continuing to lie to you-" I cut Kayce off taking in a deep breath. "Kayce lisen to me. I don't want to talk about our messed up relationship. I - just..." Trailing off I see the picture of me and Beth holding baby Bree with Lee, Jamie and John all together at the hospital laying on my dashboard. "Bree's 11th birthday is tomorrow. That's all I'm focused on. So can you just be a good father and show up, maybe bring a present. Tate and Monica can come too if they want. Tomorrow is all about her, nothing else."

He replies through the phone. "What times the party?" I responded with. "1:00, at the ranch obviously." He clears his throat as I pull into the parking lot of the cake store. "I love you Y/n. That's the truth. Trust me-" Opening my car door and hanging up our conversation quickly I headed to grab the cake. "If only it were that easy. See ya tomorrow Kayce." Bree's cake is a chocolate and Strawberries are on the inside. Driving back home I set it in the kitchen hearing John coming down the stairs. "The cake looks great. She's upstairs asleep." Leaning my back on the Island I questioned him about birthday presents. "So what did you get her for her birthday?" He picks up his brown hat off the wall hook placing it on his head. "Well I know I can't get her another horse. She's already got her hands full tending to Holly. But I went into town a few days ago and saw this little play ranch set." I nod with a smile as we both stepped onto the back porch eyeing the Dutton graveyard a few yards away from us. Running a hand down my face I still hear Kayce's words from our phone call. Trust me. He'd said that to me a year after we'd been dating.

The wind blows through my hair as we both rode through the fields up to this place he said there a breathtaking view of the valleys of the ranch. I'm still getting the hand of riding horses. We reach the top of the hillside. The hills drop down into different ray's of green and a bunch of trees. Kayce dismounted his horse tieing his horse's reigns to a wooden post so it can't run. "This is beautiful Kayc." I awed hearing a low growl making me glance over my shoulder I gasp seeing a wolf watching my horse. "Uh Kayce..."