Dutton Twins

"The baby Kayce - it's - it's coming!" John and Rip glanced to each other eyes bugged out, saying in unison. "Get the helicopter."

I'm suprised I still have a voice with the amount of screaming I've done. Kayce kisses my forehead as I death grip his hand pushing for hours. "Mrs. Dutton, there's news." The doctor breaths out as I lay my head on the pillow. "What - ah!!!" I feel more contractions in my lower back and after a few more pushes another baby cries. The doctor hands the other one to the nurse, who wrapped them both in blankets. Throwing my head back into the pillows I try catching my breath being completely exhausted from delivering not one but two babies. The nurse gently hands me my babies and I released a dry gasp, seeing their the exact same. "Kayce, they're twins!" Running my finger over the girls small hair I let tears slip, looking up at my husband I smiled. "Kayce I already know a name for the girl." He picks up the boy craddiling him in his arms, eyebrows raised. The door opened for Tate and Bree to rush in dragging John with them. Rip and Beth are in the waiting room with the helicopter on the roof of the hospital. "Mama, is the baby here?" Tate paused for his sister to ask her fingers at us. "Woah, how'd you get two?"

"They're too impatient to wait anymore." John chuckles smiling at the grandchildren standing at his feet. "They both got the biggest stomachs I've ever seen. Ate a bunch of donuts like wild dogs." Kayce and I both chuckled at the thought, picturing them scarfing down one after the other. "So uh, about her name. What'd you have in mind?" He asked tilting his head to the side smiling. "Elsa, Elsa Della Dutton." Kayce bits his lip thinking. "Elsa, why do I recognize that name?" John spoke up staring into my eyes with a smile mentioning someone on his family tree back in 1883. "Because that's the name of my great aunt. Y/n I, that's a great name." I grin hearing Kayce speak up, getting am idea. "I know what the boys name is. Dallas Dutton. Dallas John Dutton." I yawned a little still smiling until a certain voice entered the room. "And the kingdom heirs keep coming." Lifting my head up I see Beth glaring around the room, dropping my eyes I mumbled quietly. "Can I talk with her alone for a minute?" John leads our kids outside and Kayce lays each twin in the bed beside me, leaving the room to wait in the hallway.

Beth plopped down in a chair at my bedside a scowl on her face. "You just keep giving him what he wants, all the while he throws his life away." I know she isn't taking their last argument well but I don't see why I'm involved in all this. "Beth, I'm sorry you got in a fight with your father but I'm not an enemy-" She cuts me off pointing her finger at the sleeping babies. "You're not my enemy Y/n. It's just the very fact that you wore the brand last night. But it doesn't really matter that you stuck a hot blade to your chest does it. You've been loyal to my father without even wearing the dang mark!" I shift under the covers since I'm too weak to stand throwing my hands up. "So that's what this attack on me. Over the loyalty you're father sees in me, because this is a crappy way to treat a friend...if we're still that!" She brushes her hair from in front of her eyes showing a small smile. "We're friends Y/n, we'll always be friends you and me. You're the only friend I've got, so let me give you some advice."

She gets to her feet leaning her hands on my bed so our faces are inches away from one another. "Don't get too close with my father because he'll turn around one day and kick you out of your home. Regardless of you being the only person in his life who has always been loyal to him, done bad things, and risked your life...all for him." She heads for the door as I hang my mouth open confused at this conversation between me and my sister in law. "Oh, congratulations on the twins by the way. They're fucking adorable." She stomps out of the room just as Kayce came back inside pointing his index finger over his back. "What was your sister's talk about?" Shrugging my shoulders I shake my head flat out confused as heck. "I have no damn clue." He shook his head climbing into bed beside me, wrapping his arms gently around my waist. My head lays in the crook of his neck feeling drained from giving birth. "She was giving advice, saying that I need to be careful getting too close with your father, too loyal to him and his kingdom...that one day he'll kick me off the ranch..." Kayce shifts so I'm looking up into his brown eyes. "He won't get rid of you, babydoll. He won't do that because you're not one of us..." Twisting the strings of his brown sweatshirt I asked. "What do you mean?" His left hand brushing some of my hair, his eyes never leaving mine. "He's different with you because you're not one of his children. You chose to be loyal to him, we didn't have a choice it's in our blood. My dad wants to be better for his grandchildren and daughter in law. He'll never do anything to hurt you, Y/n...you're apart of our kingdom now."