Chapter 10: The Ranger

Although she grew up in a middle-income immigrant family, thanks to her hard-working parents, Angeline Yeo always had everything that she ever wanted. From luxurious leather shoes to designer clothes, her parents always bought them for their only daughter. Sadly for Angeline, after she grew older, she learned that her parents are not rich enough to pay her tuition fee to the St. Martin Academy. The reality struck her to give up the teenager's dream that she could be treated like a princess and the chances of her getting married to a handsome rich nobleman were getting slimmer.

But of course, the fifteen years old Vietnamese girl wouldn't give up her dream that easily, so she applied for a scholarship to the St. Martin Academy and was accepted.

She thought her high school life would be smooth sailing after she enrolled, but the truth was far worse than she ever expected. Her scholarship was canceled halfway through the semester and the only way she could keep her status as a student is by playing a simulation game that is foreign to her.

Luckily for her, she was observant and smart, which gives her the idea to pick the right class that suits her best...

***

[System: Gardenia Kingdom, civilization level 1]

After failing to find Gabriella Lopez in the summoning portal at the town center, Angeline Yeo decides to proceed with her main quest, which is postponed since she ran out of healing potion.

Soon after she arrives at the vast greenfield, she begins to kill the rabbit one by one with her skills and basic attack.

"Wind arrow!" Angeline activates her first skill which increases her attack speed within 10 seconds, as it enables her to launch 5 arrows consecutively toward the brown rabbit and it gives 1 charging point per use.

[System: the brown rabbit suffers 50 damage points]

'Nice!' she squeals while attacking another rabbit that sits nearby to her first victim. She has to attack the second one with her basic attack while waiting for her first skill-wind arrow to cool down, 'my basic attack does not give much damage, but since I can attack my enemies from afar, it isn't so bad...'

As she expected, she manages to kill the rabbit before it manages to attack her.

'I only have 20 constitution points, so my Hp isn't so high, I have to be careful not to get attacked...' that is the reason why she bought a sum of healing potions back then.

Finally, after she has 5 charges points, the elven ranger now can use her ultimate skill, she observes the surroundings, finding the best spot that has a flock of rabbits on it.

With the aid of her ranger-specific-passive skill-farsightedness, she can easily locate it, 'There you are! Prepare yourself bunnies!'

She charges her arrow for a brief second while aiming it at the sky and shouts, "Arrow rain!"

It is an area of attack (AoE) skill that hits multiple enemies randomly at once.

[System: your ultimate skill- arrow rain manages to attack 60 rabbits and kills 25 of them]

'Oh no... this is bad!' she gasps to see the remaining bunnies that survived her attack are now charging at her with malice.

"Nature veil!" The ranger quickly activates her second skill, which makes her body invisible to the enemy. This is a quite good skill to use for long-ranged DPS that usually has low health points to escape from enemies' attacks or to ambush them out of nowhere. However, her second skill is not effective to hide from the monsters, which are ten levels higher than her.