Chapter 5-5: Blessing in Disguise (Part-5)

System: You have activated 'the fussy fairies' event」

The three fairies wearing a bright color summer dress who just enter the store, observing Gabriella's dress that has been put in the window display just for several minutes, they are impressed by how beautiful the dress is.

The fairy who wears a green-colored dress swiftly flies toward Bertha, the elven store clerk, and asks, "Is this dress available for sale?" she pointed at the particular dress made from a lotus leaf.

Bertha smiles politely to her customer, "yes... it is our latest collection. It costs 50 silvers each."

"It's quite expansive for just a dress made from leaves..." the fairy frowns while observing the dress carefully, but then the green fluorescent light emits from the dress, catches her eyes, and tempted her to buy it, "however, I like the design, especially the wind elemental stones attached on it... So I'll have one, please!"

Bertha nods her head politely and escorts her customer to the cashier.

Ping!

All of sudden, a blue window appears in front of Gabriella.

Information: you get 10% from every purchase of the item made by you」

Follows by another blue window,

System: congratulation, you get 5 silvers.」

Gabriella's face becomes brighter soon after she receives the notification, 'not bad for passive income...'

The other two fairies then approach Bertha, "do you have other similar dress, but attach with different elemental stone?" the fairy in the red outfit asks while leering at her friend's new dress with envy.

Bertha shakes her head apologetically, "I'm sorry but we currently don't have it," her gaze then switches to Gabriella, "why don't you ask the immortal-tinkering fairy over there to make one for you, her name is Gabriella" she continues while pointing her finger at Gabriella.

All eyes then aim at the tinkering fairy at the same time and then all the three fairies rush toward her.

The green-dressed fairy now flies even closer at Gabriella and smiles cheerfully, "Hi there, my name is Windy, and these two are my friends, Flare and Aqua," She pointed to her friend who is wearing the red and blue summer dress respectively, "say hi to our new friend girls!" Windy orders.

Flare who is wearing the red dress, just jerk her head at Gabriella with a grumpy face, as she seems to be upset for no reason. While the one who wears a blue dress, Aqua, waves shyly at her.

Windy grabs Gabriella's hand and shakes it, "pleasure to meet you, Gabriella, it has been a long time we don't have a tinkering fairy in Gardenia, no wonder you can create this gorgeous dress where no other fairies can."

Ignoring her sleepiness, "Likewise," Gabriella forces herself to reply politely with a smile.

With hesitation, Aqua shyly asks, "Excuses me, Are you really the one who made this dress?" while pointing her finger at Windy's new dress that she wears right away.

Gabriella just nods, she is too tired to give a polite response. Not to mention, these fairies' bright color wings and their glittering pixie dust distract her vision greatly.

Flare then interferes, "Can you make us the similar dress, but with different elemental stones?" from her tone, it sounds more like a demand rather than a request.

As usual, soon after the NPC gives her a mission, a blue window appears in front of Gabriella.

「System: the fussy fairies, Windy, Aqua, and Flare want you to make a simple fairy dress with fire and water elemental stones, will you accept this quest? Y/N, PS: Finishing this quest will unlock your second crafting skill: Metallurgy. The quest duration is three days, if you cannot finish it after the deadline, you will fail the quest automatically.」

Gabriella realizes that this secret event only appears once, if she declines now, it won't appear again. So she chooses「Y」button.

Windy, Flare, and Aqua thrills to know Gabriella's decision.

"Thank you, Gabriella." Aqua thanks her, "water elemental stone drops by the monsters live in the black river..." but then she pauses as her facial expression quickly turns sombre, "it is located near the Jahim kingdom in the south..."

'Jahim... is that the kingdom where Jeremey aligned to?' Gabriella suddenly remembers her only friend in school, 'but why does Aqua seem to be scared mentioning it?'

Flare quickly cuts in, "there are also fire-based monsters around the black river! You can kill a few salamanders for me. I am sure those lizards carry firestone in their belly."

Despite Flare's fiery attitude, she can feel that these fairies are hiding something, "before I go, is there something I must know about this quest?"

The three fairies abruptly fell silent as they are looking nervous.

Gabriella rolls her eyes, 'I knew it, there's something fishy about this quest!' The tinkering fairy crosses her arms and continues, "well if you want your dress to be ready within three days, you better spill the tea!" her yelling breaks the awkward silence.

With her stutters lip, Aqua finally decides to tell the truth, "Since Dark River is located near to Jahim kingdom, aside from normal monster, there is a high chance you will confront Jahim's immortal as well..."

"Immortal?" Gabriella seems confused, "what do you mean by that?"

Windy frowns, "the immortals are like yourself, Gabriella, those who were sent to our world and cannot die... we call them immortals," she observes whether or not Gabriella can follow her explanation, regardless she proceeds, "that's why we think it's okay to ask you to this quest—"

Before Windy finishes her sentence, Flare quickly interrupts and finishes it for her, "Since you cannot die!"

Gabriella suddenly remembers the unpleasant memory of how she was killed by the tiny brown rabbit near the Gardenia entrance, 'I can die in this game but I can respawn again after 12 hours with 50% experience reduction,'the sixteen years-old girl feels annoyed, 'Do these fairies know about it? I bet they don't!'

Aqua seems to understand what Gabriella feels at the moment, "it's not too late if you want to abort the quest..." she mutters with a sad expression, "I can't force you to do something against your will..."

"B-but Aqua, how about our dress!" Flare is protesting.

'But if I can finish this quest, I can unlock my second crafting skill, metallurgy...' Gabriella is in a dilemma, her gut tells her to take the quest even though it seems dangerous; she let a long sigh before she responds to the fairies, "Don't worry, Flare, you'll get your dress no matter what..."

The three fussy fairies are dumbfounded to hear her and respond in unison, "Really?"

Flare even flies forward Gabriella, "You're not lying right, aren't you? Cos I'll be very angry if you do!"

"No, I am not!" she promises, 'Even if I'm not sure how to finish it... I am sure I'll find a way to solve it. Besides, Jeremy is kind and resourceful, he surely can help me...'

After their agreement, the fairies finally decide to leave the shop, but before they exit, Flare suddenly turns around and faces Gabriella with a menacing expression, "We'll return in three days, you must have our dresses ready by then or else," she ends her threat by igniting a flame on her hand.

Gabriella gulps but she tries to remain calm.

'Three days...' the Gabriella let a long sigh soon after the three fairies are gone, 'whatever... I just need my sleep now!' the tinkering fairy opens the player menu to log off immediately.

***

A/N Hello guys, sorry for the late update, I have been busy lately with IRL job, moving out, etc. But I hope you're enjoying my book. I know the pace is quite slow, but I will try my best to make it interesting! Don't forget to vote!