Chapter 5: Blessing in disguise (Part-2)

Once Gabriella enters the game world, she receives a notification that informs her the AI Sara has been updated.

[System: Our AI, Sara, has been updated to imitate human's behavior]

'Yeah-yeah, whatever!' She promptly closes the notification window and goes straight to the armory.

A beautiful blonde elven shop clerk beams at her once she enters the shop, "welcome, I'm Bertha, how can I help you?" She greets her customers politely.

The tinkering-fairy then replies, "I want to buy a dress pattern for a fairy."

"I see," Bertha then guides her to the nearest rack with stacks of scrolls arranged neatly inside, "here is our collection," her hand points out toward the parchment scrolls, "please pick what you like?"

Little that she knows, even the cheapest blueprint for a simple fairy dress is out of her price range.

Gabriella bewilders to see the price tags, 'holly gamolly! It's freaking expensive!' She then opens the player's menu to see how much money that she has, 'I only have 5 copper... and the cheapest pattern costs 100 copper.'

A player menu is a blue translucent screen that can appear in front of the players, privately. Other players or NPC cannot see the other player's menu unless the player allows the shared view. The menu contains various information for WOTON players to keep track of their progress. The information displays the player's status, current equipment, items, and so on.

She remembers she gained a lot of loot from her last quest with Fanny and Rajesh. She promptly opens her backpack by clicking the bag icon on the player's menu and finds 50 rabbit furs inside.

The fairy glances at the clerk with an awkward smile, "can I sell these rabbit furs?"

The elf's face lightens up when she sees the fairy brings her so many furs, "yes, of course, I pay 10 copper for each fur, so it will be 500 coppers, do you agree?"

"Yes, please," she nods, 'Finally, I can buy that bloody pattern!'

When she is about to buy the cheapest scroll in the rack, her eyes stumble on a better quality pattern, which will cost her 1 Silver.

It tempts her to buy the better pattern instead, 'Hmm... I wonder how much copper I need to buy that scroll?' She then summons Sara, "Sara, please explain how the game currency in this game works?"

The green orb blinks while explaining to the player, "In this world, we're using precious metals as currency for transaction, 1 silver is equal to 1000 copper and 1 gold is equal to 1000 silver."

Gabriella gazed upon the most expensive scroll in the rack with 100G price tags. "So, I need to collect 100 million copper to buy that scroll."

"Correct!"

"It will take forever!" Gabriella moans, with an annoying cranky voice.

With the new updates, Sara is now acting similar to humans and the AI has been fed up with Gabriela's complaints. So, it replies to her with a harsh comment, "Not my problem..."

In response, the fairy glares at the green orbs floating in front of her, "What did you say?"

"Nothing... if you don't have anything—" but before she finishes, Gabriella quickly cuts to her sentence.

"Yeah-yeah, you can go now!" she orders rudely.

"What a b—"

The fairy glares again, but this time with more "What did you just about to say?"