Chapter 7: The Competition

Competition always exists even in the world of make believe; everyone struggles to be the best. Some people use an honest way to compete, even if they must suffer a hard-long process to succeed; while some others prefer the easy way, even if they can harm other people in the process.

***

Excruciating pain spreads all over her as Gabriella regains control of her body, she is quite shocked, 'I am not dead yet?' she acknowledged the damage points she has suffered, 'it was 100 physical damage... and my total HP is only 20.'

But strangely she is still alive – [System: your passive-survival is activated. It can only be activated once a day].

The passive creates a shield around Gabriella for 10 seconds and leaves her HP to 1 point.

'I see... so my passive skill has saved me!' she sighs in relief while scanning around the premises to locate his attacker, 'But it seems I can't depend on it anymore...'

Soon after, she can see a very pale man dressed in black leather armor, his hair is jet black, with piercing red eyes, which gives Gabriella shivers once their eyes meet, 'So that's the bastard who dares to attack a lady from behind!' the fairy grumbles while gripping his wand furiously, 'I may be a support class, but I can still kick his ass for sure! I hope my wind magic works well against him – too bad though, he looks quite handsome...'

Hovering above the vampire warrior, the fairy quickly prepares herself for a fight by casting healing magic on herself – "Healing Breeze!" It recovers 5 HP per second.

However, before she attacks, a blue notification window suddenly appears right in front of her,

[System: you received a message from an unknown player, will you open the message? Y/N]

'I wonder who sends me an email in this dire situation,' she quickly pushes the 'Y' button.

Turns out it's from Jeremy Honeycutt, a ghost level-10.

[Jeremy: Gabriella, you are no match for him, if you're still alive, you need to run away quickly! Just run until you reach the exit of the Jahim border. Once you're outside, your PVP status will be gone automatically and he can no longer attack you].

To confirm Jeremy's words directly, the curious fairy observes the handsome vampire who stands below, 'Suichi Ueda, a vampire warrior level 15!' Gabriella is terrified after reading his attacker status, 'No wonder he can survive the burning DoT from the sun, his level is too high!'

She was somehow relieved she didn't provoke the vampire, 'how can he reach level 15 while most players are probably still level 10? That is impossible!'

Above all, she doesn't want to die as it will deduct her experience point by half, 'I can return to level one if he kills me!'

While on the other hand, Suichi Ueda is also observing his opponent – Gabriella Lopez, a tinkering fairy lv-2, 'How can such a low level immortal survive my attack... it was a-100 physical damage point, she should be dead by now!' he is stunned, unbelieve his own eyes, 'is it because she wears the s-quality equipment? How can she have that rare equipment? Is she rich? Or a cheater?'

The vampire warrior makes an attacking stance with his Katana and grips it firmly with both hands, 'Well... there's only one way to find out?' Suichi swiftly jumps above and casts his second skill – "Shadow rush!" His body turns into a hundred black bats that surround Gabriella for a brief second.