Chapter 8: The Sweet Talker

[System: the Gardenia Kingdom, Civilization Lv-1]

Two hours have passed and Gabriella Lopez just arrived at the fairy grove, which is located in the northern part of Gardenia kingdom, just right in front of the Giant tree.

Actually, it is her first time to witness the tree up close and somehow it gives her comfort as she comes near, 'I wonder if it's a magical tree?' she feels a positive energy flowing from the tree; she tilts her head up, trying to see the peak, but fails, 'this tree is so freaking tall!'

Soon after, she can hear a familiar voice calling her name from a distance, "Gabriella, you're here!" a glowing red ball flies at her at high speed, turns out it is Flare, the fire fairy, "you bring my dress right? Quick, give it to me!" she demands it impatiently.

Flare's rude behavior irritates Gabriella to the point she almost goes bananas on the fire fairy, 'I flew to another kingdom, almost killed by the strongest immortal in the game, and then sewed these two damn dresses for another hour, only to get yelled at!' she tightens her grips, 'Is it so freaking hard to say please?'

But of course, Gabriella keeps it all in her head and doesn't say it out loud. Especially when she knows that Flare has a temperamental issue and can be triggered easily. Sometimes it is better to control your anger, stay calm, and interact with people nicely, even if the person treats you badly, 'it's called being a professional...'

She takes a deep breath before responding to her will, "okay, Flare, please wait a moment," Gabriella opens her inventory and takes out a simple fairy dress that he's been embroidered with fire elemental stone, "here you go, I hope you like it!" She hands it to the fire fairy and Flare roughly snatches it.

'What a rude biatch!' Gabriella grumbles while still pretending to smile, 'if only you're not a strong and important NPC, I'll surely kick your sorry ass to the moon so high, you won't return for several days!'

Flare observes the dress carefully and seems to be amazed, "This looks awesome!" she squeals cheerfully and wears it without hesitation in front of everyone. A yellow light emits from her body as her old dress is slowly turning into Gabriella's. The hotheaded fairy then turns around to face Aqua and Windy who just approaching, "how do I look, girls?" She proudly shows off her new dress, an S-grade armor that radiates red light.

"Wow, You look amazing, Flare!" Windy praises her followed by an agreement nod from Aqua.

Seeing Aqua's presence, Gabriella quickly flies closer to her and gives the shy NPC her dress, "here you go, Aqua..." the tinkering fairy hands it over, a simple fairy dress made from lotus leaf with three water elemental stones attached around the chest area.

Admiration is written all over her face as Aqua receives it carefully from Gabriella's hand, "is it really for me?" She is astounded and just like Flare did, she immediately changes into her new dress, "how do I look?" She asks her friends shyly while her dress is illuminating a gentle blue light.

Feeling unrivaled, Flare gives her a snarky comment, "it looks good on you, Aqua... but mine is so much better, don't you think so, Gabriella?" the grumpy fairy turns toward the tinkering fairy, only to make her feel uneasy.

At the same time, Aqua also gazes at Gabriella, waiting for her to respond, as she is about to burst into tears.

Gabriella falls silent for a brief moment, carefully considering her next words, 'I need to make these two fairies feel happy about their dresses... I can't pick sides, though honestly, I prefer to be on Aqua's side...'