Chapter 5

SO sorry about the late update. You guys are amaxzing! I love your comments. My day hasn't been the best for personal reasons.

So sorry if this sucks. I just needed to get Liam on that damn plane before I went to bed! Haha.

Chapter 5

Liam's POV

I threw open the door of our flat. Maybe a bit too forcefully, but oh well. I stepped into the room and I heard a scream.

"Bella?" I called.

"D-Daddy?" She whimpered.

"Yeah baby girl. It's Daddy. What's wrong?" I asked, walking up to the shivering girl.

"Y-You scared me." She said softly.

"Aw, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Do you mind going to your room for a bit, I need to talk with Papa." I asked. She nodded and ran off upstairs.

Niall was instantly in my arms the second she was out of sight.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong?" I asked, running my fingers through his hair.

"It could have been her, Liam. He could have taken her! Our daughter was so close to being kidnapped. I'm such a horrible person. I'm glad Darcy was taken instead of Bella." He whispered.

"Shhh, baby. I know it seems awful, but I feel the same way. I don't think Bella would have come home if he would have taken her." I whispered. He nodded his head into my chest.

"C'mon. We need to eat. My flight leaves in about three hours." I said. He froze.

"How am I going to do this, Liam?" He whimpered. "How am I going to keep her safe?"

"Keep her with you. Don't let her out of your sight for a minute." I said calmly. "The most important thing is, if she does run off, keep calm. Freaking out doesn't help you, it doesn't help me, and it hurts the baby when you stress. So, I'm running you a hot bath. We can relax together and talk." I said. He nodded and I led him upstairs to our bathroom. I turned the hot water on in the big tub and told Niall I'd be back.

I walked into Bella's room and she was sitting on her bed, staring into space.

"Bella?" I called. She jumped.

"Oh. Hey daddy." She said.

"What's wrong? Don't keep anything from me. I need to know." I said. I took her hands and pulled her onto my lap.

"Darcy's gone and it's my fault. She might never see her daddies again and it all my fault." She whimpered.

"Hush. Stop that nonsense right now." I said. She stopped her sniffles, but tears still fell. "I don't care what Louis said to you. Their baby girl was just taken from them and Louis was really sad. He wanted to blame someone. That someone was just you. They are sad because the only person who knows what happened..." I trailed off.

"I get it. They hate me because I can't see and they lost their daughter because I'm too stupid to know what was going on." She said, pulling at her hair.

"Shhh." I took her hands from her hair and tangled her fingers with mine. "Baby girl, I don't want to hear anymore on this. It is not in any way your fault. That's the end of this conversation. I want you to be really careful. Papa is worried about you and your safety and I want you to keep safe when I'm gone." I said. She nodded and I kissed her forehead. "You need to relax Bells. I don't want you to think about this. I know Darcy is your friend, but her daddies will handle things and she will come home." I said.