Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Liam's POV

I heard a baby crying from the other room and I groaned.

"I'm sorry, babe. I'll be healed and better soon." Niall said from beside me.

The doctor ordered Niall on bed rest if he went home early, so I had to take care of the babies until he healed. He could sit up with hardly any pain, but he still wasn't well enough to take care of the triplets.

I trudged out of the room, down the hall and into the nursery.

There were four walls in the room, the wall with the door painted white with baby wallpaper. Each wall was a different colour, coordinating with the baby's gender.

Shealeigh's wall was pink, Kyle's was blue, and since we didn't want another blue wall, Jace's wall was a pale yellow.

I smiled and walked up to Shea's cot, picking up the crying infant and carrying her over to the rocking chair.

I sat down after grabbing a bottle. I held it to her mouth and she latched on instantly, sucking the formula down quickly.

When she was done, I carefully patted her back until she burped. I smiled at her and wiped the spit up from her mouth, her blue eyes following my every movement.

Her eyes started to slip closed and I leaned back in the chair and began rocking her to sleep. In no time, she was curled against my chest with her thumb in her mouth, deep asleep.

She was beautiful.

I heard slight whimpering and I instantly knew who it was.

I carefully set Shea in her crib and walked over to Jace, who was whimpering.

I carefully picked him up and he made a gurgling noise as a response. I just laughed at him and kissed his cheek, making his face scrunch up in what I'm thinking was a smile.

I sat down after grabbing Kyle and fed them both at the same time. Kyle finished his food first and I burped him while Jace was still drinking. Kyle was almost asleep when Jace needed to be burped, so by the time Jace was burped and asleep, so was Kyle.

I smiled softly at my babies and set them both back in their respective cribs. I kissed all three and went to check on Bella before I went to bed.

I knocked on her door and walked in.

"Bells?" I called.

"Hmmm?" Her sleepy mumble was the answer to my call.

"Are you asleep?" I called softly.

"No. But I almost was." She grumbled. I heard her bed shifting and as my eyes adjusted, I saw she had scooted over in her bed. I smiled and walked over to her, climbing in beside her.

"How are they?" She asked, curling into my chest. I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close.

"They are good. Sleeping for now." I said, yawning.

"Can I feed them next time? I want to learn how." She said.

"They'll wake me up in about four or five hours. I'll let you feed them in the morning. That good?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sure." She mumbled.

"You're a good big sister. I already know that." I said.

"Uh huh."

"You falling asleep on me?" I asked.

"Uh huh." I chuckled and climbed out of the bed.

"Night, baby." I said softly.