Epilogue

3rd person

Yeji did quit. Weeks before their supposed contract renewal, she settled everything. She explained everything to her family and they supported her. Her members were very understanding and didn't try to talk her out of it.

They continued as a 3-member group and got a lot of support from their old and new fans.

It took a while before Yeji was able to go out in public without a swarm of media and paparazzis. She still gets some from time to time, but not the unbearable kind.

Ryujin, on the other hand, continued to expand and was able to acquire a second building for her dance studios. Yun Jin grew up more fascinated in teaching than she intended to - she ended up part-timing for Ryujin while being enrolled in a performing arts school.

They both stayed together and their relationship continues to blossom as each year goes by. They went public a couple of years after Yeji left the idol life. They've gotten a lot of different reactions but they were able to work their way around it.

"As long as we have each other, we're okay" has been their phrase of promise when they committed to stay together.

Soon after, Yeji began taking gigs to choreograph dances for idols and solo artists. This went on until the present time. They were able to figure almost everything out. Almost.

"Ryujin-ah, we told you to keep your hands off the dishes".

Just when Ryujin thought she was able to successfully sneak out and do housework, Yeji's Mom appeared in the kitchen.

The earlier grinned slyly and let go of the plates that she was washing.

"Umma, I was just trying to help."

The couple has grown close to each other's families. They took turns driving to their hometowns on the weekends and stayed in Yeji's Seoul apartment on days when they just wanted to rest.

Yeji's Mom just shook her head, smiled and led Ryujin to the living room.

"So... what is it that you two would like to tell us?" It was Yeji's dad this time.

They have agreed to tell their parents about their plans. They went over and under everything and have been sure of this next move for weeks. They just had to find the perfect timing to tell everyone. For Yeji's family, it was today.

"Umma, Abeoji..." Yeji started.

"We have decided to move in together."

Pause.

Ryujin reached for Yeji's hand and smiled at her.

"We have found a house in Seoul. We have been looking at it for some time now and have officially made the purchase last month", Ryujin continued this time.

"I hope you can give us your blessing. I love Yeji very much and it would make me the happiest to keep her for the rest of my life."

Yeji's Dad broke the silence.

"Are you planning on marrying her?" His manner was stern.

"Of course, sir. I am. We're planning to figure this whole thing out since it's not yet legal here but soon after, we're planning to fly and..."

She was cut off by Yeji's Mom.

"Ryujin-ah, we know and understand", she smiled softly at her.

"He was just messing with you", pertaining to her now smiling husband.

"Of course we give you our blessing. We are very happy that Yeji is with someone who treats her with love and respect. I hope you can continue that in the many years to come."

Yeji stayed quiet as tears slowly formed in her eyes. She ran towards her parents and gave them a tight hug.

Soon after, they said their goodbyes as the couple drove to Ryujin's parents to do the same.

"We're halfway there", Yeji said as she looked over at Ryujin who's driving.

Ryujin reached out for Yeji's hand on reflex - understanding what she meant. "We are."

"Did you mean it?" Yeji asked.

Ryujin took a quick glance at her, waiting.

"When you said you'd marry me. Did you mean it?"

Pause.

Ryujin found a spot to stop the car and looked at Yeji intently.

She nodded.

"You do?"

Ryujin nodded again.

"I want you to say it, Ryuu."

Sighing, Ryujin reached for a small box in the compartment of her car.

"I wanted to pop the question in a more romantic setting but I don't want you to feel worried or doubtful even for a second."

Yeji's eyes grew wide with the realization.

"Yeddeong... I will propose to you a thousand times if I have to", Ryujin's voice started to shake a little.

"You are my safe corner of the universe. And I would give anything in the world to wake up next to you every morning and come home to you every night. Wherever in the world life takes us."

Yeji started tearing up.

"I will marry you, Ryujin. You don't even have to ask", she smacked Ryujin's arm lightly and pulled her in for a kiss. "Wherever in the world life takes us."

Ryujin hummed in agreement and kissed her back.

END.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading my story. I know it isn't perfect but it's the first fanfic that I've finished and every comment and vote made me happy.

I hope this story gave you hope and made you smile at one point while reading it.

Until the next one,

Abi