chapter twenty-three!

D R A C O

it was currently the end of the day, and harry still had not emerged from the dorms. draco was worried, he couldn't deny it. he hadn't seen the brunette all day, maybe he was more sick than draco had assumed.

the slytherins had just made their way back to their dorm after last lesson, but draco couldn't help but want to go visit harry. but he couldn't.

he needed to stay far far away, or else his feelings would never fade away. he needed to ignore harry, avoid him at all cost.

so why the fuck was he now outside the gryffindor dorm? fuck, why was his hand lifting up to the fat old lady.
"yo, wake up lady." he said, awkwardly tapping her on the shoulder.
"password?"
"uh- i don't know. gryffindor?" he asked, scratching the side of his head.

the fat lady rolled her eyes and went back to sleep, and draco groaned. he looked across the hallways and he was in luck! hermione granger was walking towards him, at least four books gripped tightly in her hands.

"malfoy?" she asked.
"granger! can you let me in? i need to see harry." he said, his cheeks pink with embarrassment.
"what— why? nevermind, sure come with me." she laughed and entered the password quietly, making sure draco wouldn't hear it as it was top secret.

she led the slytherin through the gryffindor common room, receiving many dirty looks for his presence since draco was a bit of a dick to most of these people — if not all.

"harry?" hermione sounded, knocking on a door, which draco assumed was harry's dormitory.
"what..?" he mumbled from the other side of the door.
"uh— you know who is here." hermione said, and draco scoffed playfully at that. harry spoke about him to his friends. that was cute.

"WHAT? no no— hermione i'm ill i look like shit." harry quickly shouted, and the other two people could hear rustling from harry's room.

"harry he just wants to talk." hermione said, wrapping her hand around the door knob.
"okay. whatever let him in." he sighed in acceptance.

the door opened to reveal a awkward-looking harry potter. his hair was pointing in all directions — although that was nothing out the ordinary. his glasses were nowhere to be seen and he wasn't wearing his normal robe, instead he was wearing black sweatpants and a red hoodie. the red hoodie.

"harry." draco nodded, entering the room. hermione said no more, she just shut the door and disappeared into the common room which meant the two boys were alone once again.

"what are you doing here, draco?" harry sighed, sitting back down on his bed and desperately trying to smooth his hair down.
"you didn't come to any of your classes, hermione said you were sick. what's wrong with you?" he asked, pure concern traced his voice.
"i'm fine, just a cold i couldn't be bothered to come to class."

and then draco asked the question that had been playing on his mind all day.
"so you weren't avoiding me?" harry didn't respond, he just looked up into draco's silver-ish eyes. "i shouldn't have tried to kiss you harry, i-i'm sorry."
"don't be sorry—"
"no i mean it. i want us to be able to get along, for granger and pansy's sake." draco mumbled, folding his arms.

harry sighed and walked back to his bed, sitting down on it. draco followed him and sat in front of him, a few meters away.
"i just don't get it. you lost feelings for me, so why did you try to kiss me draco?" and the blonde rolled his eyes at that.
"i didn't lose feelings for you harry." finally. the truth was out.

"what?" harry's eyes were wide with confusion. "then why did you break up with me?"
"my father... he-he found out and threatened to hurt you harry, i had no choice." explaining the truth was something draco didn't do very often, but he was glad he was. harry deserved to know it, even if it was just gonna cause more problems.

"what?! why didn't you just tell me that draco!" harry stood up, raising his voice slightly.
"you would've tried to fix it somehow, but you can't!" draco shouted back, his temper quickly rising.
"you don't know that! maybe we could've—"
"no harry, leave it. whats done is done." the slytherin said, now also standing.

"fucking hell draco i thought you didn't love me anymore, i thought i did something wrong." he face palmed, and then felt a pair of unfamiliar arms wrapped around his torso. harry turned pink as he removed his hands from his face and also put his hands around draco's neck.

"thank you for being honest..." he whispered after a moment of silence.
"it was the right thing to do. i should've told you sooner." draco shrugged, pulling out the hug.

and now, the two boys were standing there in an awkward state. draco looked down into harry's eyes, while harry looked up. a major sense of deja vu was happening, this reminded both the boys of the broom closet. they truly couldn't stay away from eachother.

although this time, it was harry making the moves. he took one step closer to draco, and then another. and before either of the boys could register it, harry had his hands placed gently on draco's neck.

the slytherin's arm's snaked up harry's waist and rested on his hips, looking down into his thirsty eyes.
"harry..." he mumbled, knowing he should back away right now. this would only cause more problems, that was obvious. so why did this keep happening?

"i know, i know..." harry mumbled, leaning even closer and his eyes begun to flicker shut.
"harry..." draco mumbled, but quickly shut himself up and collided his lips with harry's with little force.

it was a gentle kiss, only a peck. neither of the boys separated until a few seconds later, but after that they connected again — only this time it was rougher.