chapter fifteen!

D R A C O

blaise entered the common room with a mission, to get draco to be honest. it was always a challenge to get draco to be truthful, since he never was. his eyes travelled around the room as he looked for his best friend, but he only saw goyle and pansy talking. he sighed before turning to walk to the boys individual dorm.

knocking on the door was very scary for blaise, he didn't know if draco would be up for talking right now. but he had to get to the bottom of whatever was going on between him and potter. blaise wanted to know, he needed to know.

"who is it?" draco called from inside the isolated room.
"its me, blaise." he admitted, and blaise sworn he heard a sigh from the other side of the door. eventually, after a few moments of awkwardness, the door opened.

draco stood there, his eyes narrowed as he groaned. "what do you want?"
"i want you to tell me what happened with you and potter." he stated, folding his arms dominantly.
"nothing happened, now piss off." draco growled, and he pushed the door forward but blaise stood infront of it just in time.

"i'm not going to judge, just be honest with me!" he said, almost as if he was begging. draco looked down to the floor as he sighed. then, the boy moved to the side while he let his best friend walk into his dorm.

draco sat at the top of his bed and blaise sat opposite him at the bottom.
"me and harry were... involved." he admitted with a sigh, and blaise nodded silently — edging him to continue. "we started meeting up regularly, and he helped me realise that i like boys and most importantly i liked him. the feelings were mutual so we started dating or whatever, but we never made it official. that's all it was."

"why didn't you tell me?" blaise said, his voice croaky and upset.
"it was private, i feared that if you knew you'd freak out and tell everyone and i'd be fucked."
"i would never tell anyone." blaise stared, standing up and folding his arms once again.
draco also stood up and narrowed his eyes at the boy, "i was scared blaise."
"okay. i get it." he sighed. "why were you being so bitchy to potter just now, though?"

draco sighed before collapsing back onto the bed. "its my father." he stated, and closed his eyes. "he found out about me and harry and threatened to kill him. my dad says i can't be gay, i need to provide a malfoy heir so i need to marry a woman and form a family with her. he has my whole life set out for me blaise, and i fucking hate it."

"oh dray..." blaise sympathised, as he slowly approached draco and wrapped his arms around the blonde boys frame. draco reluctantly placed his arms around blaises back, and begun to breathe in and out.
"i really like him, blaise..." he mumbled.
"i know, i'm so sorry draco."

blaise's hands travelled up and down draco's back in a comforting way. he was still surprised draco was being so open about his feeling, this was very out of the ordinary. but then again, so is him having feelings for harry bloody potter.

"i don't want to lose him." draco repeated, his voice quieter than ever before.
"you're going to have too, but this isn't the way." blaise nodded, and draco pulled out of the hug.
"what do you mean?"

"potter deserves to know why you're breaking up with him."
"no he doesn't, you don't get it. if i tell him he'll try to be some sort of hero and fix it — but he can't." draco shrugged, and begun fidgeting with his fingers anxiously. "i'll go talk to him later, tell him i've lost feelings or something."

"will you be able to do that?" blaise asked, clearly unconvinced.
"i don't have a choice."