chapter fourteen!

H A R R Y

"you're sure we can't convince you to join us, harry?" hermione asked as she picked up her scarf that she'd be wearing whilst her and most of the other gryffindors went to hogsmeade.
"you know me hermione, i'm not a big fan of loud places." potter shrugged as he turned the page of his book — that he was pretending to read.

"alright, fair enough. we'll be back in a few hours hazza." ronald nodded to the brunette, and harry smiled back at him briefly before turning back to his page.

eventually all the fellow gryffindors had exited the dorm, and harry practically jumped up in excitement. draco had promised to come over to the dorm to hang out, and harry couldn't wait. he saw the blondie just a few hours ago, but he missed him so bloody much.

harry attempted to flatten his stupid birds-nest of hair down before exiting the dorm and waiting on the outside for draco to arrive. it should be any minute now.

three hours had passed, but harry didn't remove from his spot. he sat down on the wooden floor as his eyes scanned the empty hallway. why didn't draco show? this didn't make sense, they had plans. something must've happened.

harry stood up and begun making his way down to the slytherin dorms. eventually he reached the dorm room and was greeted by blaise just on his way out.

"potter? what the heck are you doing here?"
"is draco here?" he didn't care to be secretive right now, he needed to make sure draco was alright.
"thats malfoy to you, potter. and yes, he is in the common room, why?" blaise spat, his eyebrows narrowed.
"let me in." he demanded, and blaise stiffled a laugh.
"why the hell would i do that?"

"blaise, potter." there he was, the boy they were talking about. draco looked normal, it didn't seem like anything was out of the ordinary in harry's opinion.
"draco! are you okay?" harry asked, shoving past blaise to stand directly in front of draco.

"what's going on here?" blaise questioned, and draco let out a sigh.
"nothing is, potter you should leave."
"what? why? what are you talking about, dray?" harry questioned, he felt as if his heart had just dropped.
"leave." draco ordered, his voice louder than before.

harry shook his head slowly, his eyebrows narrowing as he stared right into draco's eyes.
"whatever." he mumbled before storming off in the opposite direction.

"explain?" blaise asked, as soon as potter had turned the corner.
"there's nothing to explain." draco said as he disappeared back into the common room.

blaise's eyes darted down the hallway, and so did his body a few seconds later. he didn't know what he was doing, all he wanted was the truth. and maybe harry potter was the way to get it...

"potter! stop!" blaise shouted as he saw the boy further down the corridor. the boy turned around, and blaise immediately took notice of his teary eyes. why was potter crying over draco? this made no sense. or did it?

"what was that about?" blaise asked, and potter was now fully facing him.
"nothing, clearly." the brunette crossed his arms after wiping his nose momentarily.
"no, tell me. why were you asking for draco?"
"none of your business!" harry snapped, and his fists clenched with anger.

zabini took a deep breath before he would ask the question that'd change everything.

"you're his boyfriend, aren't you?"
"i don't even know." harry shrugged, and another hot tear ran down his cheek.

"we were kinda together? but we never labelled it."
"i see. why was draco being so rude to you just then?" blaise asked, rubbing his chin.
"i don't know! we were supposed to meet today, but he didn't show so i went to your common room to ask him and he is being a dick again! i don't know what i did wrong..." harry said, his voice slightg breaking throughout.
"i'll talk to him." blaise nodded, placing a hand on harry's shoulder. "don't worry, it'll be alright."

harry forced a small smile to the slytherin before continuing to walk down the hallway, and blaise just sighed to himself. he knew this was about to be a very awkward conversation.