chap five!

D R A C O

"that's malfoy to you."

"look i'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed malfoy!" potter said, walking slightly closer to the upset boy. "but all that confusion and unknown emotions— it's all part of it! i felt the exact same way a few months ago, but i'm okay now. and you will be too!" harry said, trying so hard to calm the boy down. but instead, he was just adding fuel to the fire.

"listen here potter." malfoy got up to his feet and grabbed the other boy's collar, pushing him against the wall aggresively. "i don't know what you think you know about me, but it's not true!"
"you don't believe that." harry said calmly, his eyes staying on draco's.

"yes, i do!" he argued. "i'm not— i—..."
harry's eyes saddened, he felt so bad for the boy who stood before him.
"i can't..." he mumbled, not knowing what he wanted to say. "i'm not like you potter, not everyone gets to just blurt out how they fucking feel all the time."

harry's eyes widened.

"you think i can?" harry almost laughed. "i can't either draco. none of my friends know about me."
"malfoy." the blonde boy corrected.

potter just smiled at that. draco took a deep breath and let go of the other boys collar and took a step back.

"i can't do this potter, i mean it. you need to back off." draco said, walking backwards and back to his bed. harry's eyes stayed fixated on the boy as he watched what draco was doing. the blonde boy leant down and grabbed something from under his bed.

he pulled out a dark red hoodie, harry's dark red hoodie.
"you should have this." draco mumbled, holding it out to harry.
"draco..."
"please potter, just take it." the boy begged, and the brunette grabbed the hoodie with a nod.

he walked towards the door and opened it, but before he left he turned around back to the blonde boy.
"when you're ready to talk, come find me." he said, and walked away quickly.

draco stared at the now closed door, and he immediately felt a warm tear fall down his cheek. why him? why did this have to happen to him?

this isn't draco, it can't be. the boy sobbed quietly as he climbed into bed and closed his eyes. but, he knew he wouldn't be able to go to sleep anytime soon, so he lay on his back and stared at the ceiling.

a thousand thoughts at once. harry potter, was nine hundred of them.