Back Again

Izuku watched the rest of the matches and after he complimented Bakugou for his amazing match, it was finally the time for his match against Todoroki.

He left the rest of the class to prepare himself for the fight, it was obvious that he had no chance. What would a quirkless boy that can't even defend himself from a woman do against a boy trained by Japan's top 2 hero with a tremendously good quirk?

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, here they were his intrusive thoughts again... always doubting his capacities and doing everything possible to crumble Izuku down. But he always stood up against them, even though he had considered all of them, and I mean all of them.

Suddenly he snapped out of his trance as he heard a certain someone call him, it was his opponent Todoroki.

"W-what are you calling me for Todoroki?" Izuku asked, a little embarrassed that he was caught daydreaming and overthinking, he hoped and begged that he wasn't mumbling.

"I want to talk to you, Izuku, '' Todoroki said monotonically. They were in a kind of big hall, completely alone, the two of them.

"I'm going to win this match, and you know that don't you?" Todoroki stared deep into Izuku's eyes, sending a shiver down his spine.

"I'm going to prove that I can beat you without my fathers stupid quirk, and I'll win without it every other time" Todoroki stated as Izuku could just stare at him trying to thoroughly analize the situation.

"So to make this easier for you and me," Todoroki continued, "I'll be better if you don't even attempt to fight, because we both know what would happen, so let's make things quick and let me win with no fighting back." Todoroki finished extending his hand toward Midoriya.

Strange... he's trying to manipulate me by targeting my insecurities, maximizing the bad stuff and minimizing the good stuff, but why? Izuku asked himself.

He has the total capacity of winning even without the manipulation, so why try and manipulate me? It just doesn't make any sense! Maybe he wants to assert his power over me so that I don't mess with him, but that I already don't do that, or maybe he is just tired and doesn't want to waste his time with someone as pathetic as me... no, stop, don't think like that Izuku, Kacchan wouldn't like that.

Izuku had always said those kinds of things to himself until Bakugou noticed it, and made him work on self-esteem even if Izuku said he was fine, he obviously wasn't.

Izuku extended his hand and shook Todoroki's hand, accepting the deal. The boys separated once again since the match was about to start, they couldn't come out of the same entrance.

The names of the two boys were finally called out through the speakers, as they walked into the arena with a look in their eyes that no one understood.

Izuku's eyes were full of concern and intrigue, he wanted to know why Todoroki tried to manipulate him since there was apparently no concrete reason. Meanwhile Todoroki's eyes were full of determination and anger, but no one could see through them and decipher the reason for those emotions. 

He had mentioned something about his father's quirk, I haven't seen him use it ever in my life, maybe it has something to do with it? Izuku mumbled quietly to himself.

Even though he was curious about the backstory of all of this, he had to focus on something else. He needed to make a plan to make it seem as if he tried but failed due to different power levels. 

Sadly Izuku had no time to do such thing, since he was attacked by a large wave of ice, which by reflex he dodged.

He settled to let himself "accidentally" get caught in one of Todoroki's ice waves, making him immobilized and letting Todoroki pass to the next round.