Chapter 1

The full moon shone brightly over the bayou that night. Elijah didn't need the extra light, his vision adapted to his environment and he was able to see.

His feet found the path and he followed it, trying to avoid as many werewolves as possible. Although, who Elijah was trying to find, they were in fact wolves, but they should be in their human form tonight.

"Hello?" Elijah called to the gentlemen who tiptoed behind the trees avoiding contact with the original. "I may have a proposition for you"

The man came to a halt, he turned around behind him and gestured, as if he was telling someone to leave.

"Why would a vampire want business with a wolf? A cursed one at that" the man's voice. His head turned around again and he whispered "Clarissa, leave"

Eventually the man walked up to Elijah so they were able to see each other fully, but he was not alone. A girl stood a couple of feet behind him, she was dressed in an oversized lumberjack button up shirt and her hair tucked behind her ear.

"I'm Elijah Mikaelson, you may have heard of me" he smiled smugly, he knew that his family's story had been told in legends for years on end.

"Ezra" he nodded

"Ezra Alexander? I'm assuming" Elijah added a second name just to be sure that he was the exact person Elijah needed

"How do you know?" Ezra tilted his head ever so slightly

"Books" Elijah was very vague, he didn't want to beat around the bush "I have a proposition as I've said, if you form an alliance with the vampires, we will remove your curse"

Ezra was instantly torn, he had never in his life known the midnight wolves to form alliances, they were too strong for that. He turned to his sister ism mediator.

"Clarissa?" He asked, implying he needed help. The girl was too far away for Elijah to see, but he could sense the tension and he knew what he offered was something they surely did want.

"I don't know" she stuttered "I'm sick of being like this, Ezra" she didn't want to make the decision but she did want to take the offer, even if it meant working for the vampires for her life, she wanted to be human more than one day, she wanted to walk around The French Quarter again, she just wanted to feel the heat of the sun radiate against her skin.

Ezra knew this, out of all the things he knew, he knew his sister the best. Everything from the tone of her voice or the way she stands, he could tell she wanted this.

"Who's the ally for?" Ezra furthered the matter "I mean who are we fighting against? You can't just align with someone without a cause"

"My Aunt Dahlia" Elijah felt sick at the mention of her name "she is conceding to take my brother's child"

"Ah, witch then?" Ezra pointed out "and the miracle baby, word spreads easily, even to wolves" he winked

Clarissa stood still, her arms wrapped around herself for warmth and comfort. Her heart pounding at a mile a minute, usually when they turn back, she was always the one to go first. And it always came sooner and sooner in the night for her, she always had less time.

Ezra and Elijah talked over the final details needed for the decision, but Ezra had already made a choice, he would do anything for his sister.

"So what will it be?" Elijah cut his thoughts off

"You have yourself a deal" Ezra smiled and shook Elijah's hand firmly. He then turned to Clarissa who was already running off in fear of turning, but she knew, this would be the last time.

"Your sister?" Elijah asked

"You guessed it" Ezra nodded "she has seen too much for her age, she deserves at least a slice of normality in her upcoming humanity"

Elijah could relate, his sister had only longed for a human life, to fall in love. He knew how much Ezra cared for her and how much he would want what's best for her.

But Elijah needed every wolf in the pack under his command, he couldn't afford for someone to leave for a normal life. She would be in human form, but she would have to fight like the rest.

"Something tells me she's strong enough to wait" Elijah assured Ezra.