21.Faded

Once I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you,
Once I talked to you, I was afraid to like you,
Once I like you, I was afraid to love you,
Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.

"And you both won't have any memories of the glitch" Jieun finally let out.

"W-What?" Jungkook asked as he felt his whole world stop. His eyes almost tearing.

"You both will never remember that you even met each other" she blankly said. "It'll all be back to normal".

Tears fell out of your eyes as you stared at her with an unreadable expression.

"N-No, there has to be some other way. You can do-" Jungkook was panicking but was cut off by the witch.

"This is the only way. Don't worry, she'll remember you as her bias like how she did before you met her when the glitch started" she said.

"No, this can't happen. I can't forget her!" Jungkook exclaimed as tears streamed down his cheeks. "Then stop this. If you stop this, then-" Jieun cuts him off.

"What's done is done, Jungkook" she looked at his face. "You can't stop this once it has started".

Yang Yang himself felt a few tears on his cheek.

"Make use of this five minutes" the witch said as she stood up. "You won't even be able to remember her to regret if you lose this five minutes" she walked away to the kitchen.

Jungkook looked at you who was silently crying.

It hurt him so bad, making him pull you into his embrace by wrapping his arms around your shoulders.

You finally started sobbing in his chest as he let out his uncontrollable sobs along with you.

You wrapped your arms around his waist, hugging him tighter, hoping that it won't separate you from him.

You gripped his shirt tightly and let your endless tears wet it.

You sniffled and pulled out of his embrace.

Your eyes were red and puffy just like his.

You wiped his tears off his cheeks and adjusted his bangs.

"It's okay" you tried to assure him. "Everything will be back to normal..." you kept on talking while Jungkook on the other hand just stared at you, your words not entering his mind. He knew that you were trying hard to not let out your feelings.

He just wanted to stop time and be with you forever.

You tried hard not to break down, but your heart has its own mind.

You again ended up sobbing in his embrace.

"I love you, Y/n," he said while sobbing.

You hugged him tighter and let your sobs encase his chest.

"I love you too, Jungkook," you said and your lips quivered.

He pulled back and leaned in to kiss you.

You kissed him back with no hesitation.

Maybe time stopped when his lips met yours, but the flutter only intensified. Your heart pounded in your chest as your knees got even weaker on the floor.

You could only focus on how soft he felt against your mouth, how addictive, how he invaded all your senses and how much you both meant to each other.

It still wasn't clear if you dreamed this moment to life, meeting him, loving him, then losing him. But there was raw emotion in the way his fingers curled around yours.

Jungkook kept his eyes half open, sneaking a guilty peek at you every time he came back for air, just to make sure this wasn't a product of his imagination.

Both of you hoped that it was just a dream, and would wake up from the dream, cuddling on the bed.

Your hands never let go of each other as both of your visions started to blur.

Everyone felt a huge beam of light strike the room and everything you and Jungkook did together, every memory you both spent with each other.

Those mornings you make breakfast for him.

Those nights he made love to you.

Those kisses you both shared in his embrace.

The moments you both play with each other's hair while lying on the other's lap.

The moments you both would get jealous.

Him teasing you.

You wearing his shirt.

When he used to sneak around in the night for banana milk.

The way your bodies fit against each other perfectly while cuddling.

The way his lips mold against yours.

The time when he cooked for you.

When he took care of you when you were in pain.

The time when you both lost your first kiss to each other in that tent.

The sight when he squirmed under your touch.

When he would feed you.

When he would sing for you.

The family and twenty five kids you both dream about.

His soft lips against your own.

You and him.

All those memories.

Gone.

Forgotten.

Vanished.

Faded.

"They're gone" Yang Yang mumbled. "They left."

"Everything has turned back to normal" Jieun came out of the kitchen.

"All those memories," Yang Yang said. "Gone," the cupid smiled nonsensically.

"They'll not remember the times they spent with each other" the cupid chuckled with remorse as the witch replied.

"When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure."

"You have to do something about this," Yang Yang pleaded. "We have to do something."

"The sky never meets the sea, Yang Yang" she bluntly said. "This is life."

"Well, but it's our life" Yang Yang defended. "No one can change our life for us. Only we can do it for us."

"Go back Yang Yang" she said with no emotion. "Your workplace must be searching for you. You sure have to face them."

She rearranged all the things that she just used.

"You also have a lot of explaining to do to them for taking the side of a witch" she said.

"No," Yang Yang denied. "I'm not going until you do something."

"Fine then" the witch said with no expression.

And the next thing that Yang Yang knew, he was teleported outside the house.

He stood in front of the door bewildered. He tried opening the door from outside but it was useless.

"Did she just..." Yang Yang tried opening the door again but failed, even his cupid powers did. "Fine. I'll wait here until you open the door. I won't leave until you do something, even if I freeze to death" he said, loud enough for Jieun to hear and she sighed inside the house.

The cupid just sat on the floor covered with snow, hugging his knees, his wings limp as a few tears came out of his eyes.

He just lost his second family. He lost Jungkook and you.

People die...
Beauty fades...
Love changes...
And you will
ALWAYS BE ALONE.

A/n

The end is here.